What factors do you attribute your schizophrenia?

Genetics, premature traumatic birth, abuse and neglect as a child…

Ninjas. It was definitely ninjas. Cuz Ninjas are AWESOME!!! :upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face:

It was probably drugs. Some religious stuff probably as well. And I was a bit haywire from an early age. All that fun stuff :blush:

2 Likes

I was never abused or neglected - I came from an intact middle class family with nothing reportable: no drugs, no alcohol, no gambling, no carousing, no spousal abuse or cheating, no child molestation.

1 Like

You’re lucky. Not sure why you felt the need to answer my response with your different experience. When doctors and scientists can tell us exactly what causes sz, I’ll feel more obliged to confine my opinion/guess to their parameters. But, even with decades of studies, they don’t know. So, my personal opinion is that, while I certainly was born “different”, the neglect and abuse I endured, particularly the sexual abuse when I was seven, absolutely contributed to my psychosis… I could respond to other posts and say I’ve never done drugs. And yet, here we all are.

I just mention some things that seem to enter into stigmas

I believe SZ is due to genetics and eventually you will become ill if you are genetically predisposed. Saying that, other factors can hasten the illness. I for one was overdue at birth with the umbilical cord wrapped around my neck. I was apparently molested as a child which I guess traumatized me because I remember none of it. I had a few blows to my head as a child, requiring stitches twice while being hit with a bat and falling ice skating as well. I used weed, mushrooms, meth and drank a lot in my teens. My mother is also a religious fanatic and my dad was an alcoholic for most of my childhood although he never physically abused me.

1 Like

Somthing medically wrong with me that is affected and helped by the medication I take.

can poeple look to a thousand years from now and I think we will be closer to getting poeple to overcome it.
As of now I know poeple are trying thier best.

IMHO there is either a piece of brain missing; a neuro connector or
connection that is missing or connected incorrectly. Like going through a
maze but getting lost. Medication might make someone feel the loss a
little less, but can’t make the necessary repair(s).

More than likely, being born 2 months prematurely in a small country town in the early 80’s played a large role in my disorder. That and I riding a bicycle with my friends one day (no helmet, again in the 80’s we were a bit reckless) and I ran over something and flipped over my bike and landed on my head on the concrete sidewalk. Bruised my nose real bad, skin my entire knee…my friend had to walk me home, even though it was two buildings down from where we were. Also fell of the monkey bars and hit my head on the playground. I was a very klutzy child.

Not to mention mental illness runs in both families but again because of the times and the fact that both families grew up in small towns no one really ever talked about it back in the day except when the stories came out you could clearly see the tendencies in the details.

A combination of chemical and environmental factors.

Combination of abuse as a child, a bad car accident that gave me brain damage, a mom that stalks me day and night and major illness in 2011. Many factors play a part, I think.