What do you believe caused your schizophrenia?

I was born with it. Unfortunately, I never knew my biological family (was abandoned as an infant) so it can’t be traced or proven. Whoever my biological parents were – I simply inherited SZ from them.

I blame people for my schizophrenia they would talk about me from far I would be listening cause they would say things that only i knew about me and made me overthink things and all my insecurities plus weed made it even worse without me knowing until it was to late. And That’s why I hate people sometimes cause all they talk around me is negative and somehow bringing me down to the point where I’m just like damn i really do hate my life.

2 Likes

I think you are born with it, having said that the pressures of my life have made the suffering and the symptoms much worse.

1 Like

Sometimes I still believe that I died and am living in my own personal hell. But I could still wake up in that hospital bed.

1 Like

Don’t you ever think that people like us when we die are still going to be alive in the after like like I know people believe in heaven and hell and all that bs but I feel like I’m gona still hear voices after I die they’ll all just be attached to like balloons and I will finally see how these voices look and they will either go where they belong and maybe just maybe we get a second chance to do things better and live a normal life that we’ve been wanting we will just close our eyes and count to 10 and you slowly start to fade back to life and wake up like if it was a bad dream then you realize it was all just a bad dream to only wake up to no voices you suddenly remember what you’ve done your whole life and it is not perfect but it is a happy life and thats all it matters.

1 Like

The government. End rant.

4 Likes

The bullying from school, to the daily routine of being punished for absolutely no reason and having to hermit myself in my very own room… I believe the time I was in there is when I had time to think, better yet, over think. Thus, leading to the voices. Now, I’m a chicken ■■■■ of the dark. That may or may not have caused the visual hallucinations. My self harming was because of heartbreaks that I thought were gonna get somewhere. (I’ve been single for three years now). But anyway, blah blah blah, Cameron. You don’t know any better, Cameron. Oh shut up an get back into my head. Lol

I don’t know why I’m diagnosed with Paranoid type Schizophrenia…

I am bitten by a Rabies monkey when I was in 2nd grade. Everybody says Rabies is a killer and I wouldn’t be able to survive because rabies virus is fatal and I’m only alive because of rabies vaccine.

I think I read some where on the internet that Rabies vaccine is like sending dead rabies virus into the body to make the body’s immune system to take care of rabies virus.

I think the rabies virus is neutralised but not nullified completely,

I believe rabies virus is eating something in the brain and that is why the healthy brain

stays unhealthy and we continue to have cognitive symptoms and positive symptoms

as long as the rabies neutralised or rabies spores is alive inside the head and maybe it is

also alive in the backbone.

And use of anti-psychotics causes negative symptoms.

It is called as Schizophrenia and the medical World never tells you that

it is actually a not a fullscale non fatal rabies virus in action.

That is why Schizophrenia is a brain degenerative disease.

Because the virus is still alive, in one form or the other.

And maybe our saliva and body fluids when enter another human they get Schizophrenia.

I think sperms and eggs may not carry rabies infection or spores infection.

This is what I think is the cause of Schizophrenia.

I’ve never been bitten by an animal infected by rabies and schizophrenia is not contagious.

3 Likes

I’m not saying Schizophrenia is contagious, I am saying rabies infection that is not fullblown non fatal causes changes which are masked and named or called as Schizophrenia and this rabies infection is contagious.

i feel that sz is a physical condition that is inherited or possibly caused by a gene mutation.

1 Like

my brother and I
at separate times
both had ticks
embedded in the back of our heads
that we do not know how long were there

not sure that matters or if there is a physical/mental link

thanks from bringing this thread back

I’m sure it was my psychotic husband.
He could stress anyone out…

No one else in my family has mental health problems, but I think I was born schizophrenic, or at least with the tendency for it. I used to hallucinate as a child, and I remember being depressed at as young as 5 years old, crying and not knowing why, and at other times being so hyperactive that I was out of control. But I think it was prolonged and severe bullying at school that caused me to fully lapse into the disease. So many people were so brutally horrible to me. I ended up believing I must be tainted somehow, and turned all my anger inwards, hating myself as much as I hated the world. I think it was the stress of the confusion and contradiction (between thinking I didn’t deserve it and wondering why I did) in my childhood and teenage that irreversibly messed up my brain.

1 Like

Sometimes I think it is genetic and stress from having a hard time in school growing up and mom having schizophrenia. Other times I think maybe I’m being punished from trying to communicate telepathically, and for trying to prophesy to my family when I wasn’t actually a prophet. I actually was delusional enough to believe I could see the future in my dreams, so maybe trying to communicate telepathically and thinking I was a prophet was just an early manifestation of schizophrenia at a young age. The meds make the visual and auditory hallucinations go away, which makes me think it is just biological, but other times i wonder if the voices were demons, since everything I heard just seemed kind of evil. I guess it could have come from my subconscious though. I don’t really know.

I posted earlier but thought of something else. It’s kind of embarrassing but my mom used to let us play with mercury when we were kids from time to time. She was a good mom just didn’t know any better. 2 of my siblings also got it.

1 Like

What do you believe caused your schizophrenia?

POORLY DESIGNED REALITY.

8 Likes

Bad genes. It’s amazing what a transformation I went through. I grew up in a middle class home and I was above average psychologically before the disorder. Very mellow, could talk to anyone, though I had bad attention problems. People would make jokes about how mellow I was. Then I became asocial and moody as hell, etc.

2 Likes

Psychological trauma and drug abuse.
A handful of magic mushrooms and lots of LSD.
It was a gradual descent into madness that started with experimentation with drugs.
Then I contracted syphillis and had a heroin overdose went to jail and was threatened by Mexican Mafia and forced to fight every day.
When I got out of jail I had my first psychotic episode and I’ve been having psychotic episodes ever since. That was 16 years ago.

2 Likes

Somthing medical like problems with dopamine areas in brain or somthing that can be explained medically from the brain or other areas and processes in the body.