Wearing a mask

I wear a mask every time I meet other people. My friends. I act like I am ok. But voices scream I’m a fake. I hate to show people how bad I feel inside. I have a hard time telling my psychologist that too. I have always been the strong one, who always manage. I try so hard to be what I am not.

Anyone else wearing a mask? How do I get rid of the mask infront of my psychologist? Or other close people?

1 Like

My brother in law said the other day it does not matter what mask you wear it is still you. No matter what you do it is still you.

6 Likes

i wear a mask in my work now with friends they cant tell difference after sz with before which make me think if they are blind.or am i good pretender.
i know truth reduse stress but even if i explain what i feel i dont think they ll understand.
iam fortunated i dont have any voices i believe voices its a torture for those who do.

I’m not the same as before sz. Now I am calm. I used to have energy for 10 people. Meds are sedating and I am happy to have energy for me. I am also more stupid than before. My husband sees the differance clearly.

If they don’t like you for who you ares then ■■■■ em

1 Like

Idk my psychosis was really extreme, I lost a lot of personality. I don’t really have any masks any more, I’m just a shadow of my former self.

And when it comes to being dumber or whatever, yes it does happen. It happened to many of us, maybe we are too dumb to realize it.

2 Likes

I have always been the strong and independent person. Managed anything. Then I became psychotic. I think too much pressure causing it. I lost myself. But I try hard to be my former self whom I don’t even remember so clearly anymore. My best friend remembers who I used to be and I am not the same anymore.

How do I stop chasing this fantasy image of myself?

1 Like

make it like another mask so its easier just pretend you are changing masks

This has been weighing on me too. I wear a mask for everyone. My mom doesn’t even know I have sz. Really, going to work is the most social contact I can tolerate in a day. At this point I don’t know if it’s easier to blend in or not.

My mask is getting heavier and heavier. It’s exhausting and I’m tired of acting fake, but I like my job and I really need to.

2 Likes

I’m the same, always telling people I’m fine when I’m far from it.

1 Like

I wear the mask of a 75 year-old man. The mask is really me after these 75 years.

4 Likes

I think your mask is just the manner in which you interact with the world, in astrology it’s represented by your ascendant (rising) sign. In my experience to change your mask just be clear on your goals, if something is not right with you - tell it how it is and express and pursue what change you want to bring about.

1 Like

I usually try wearing a mask around people. I smile even though I feel dead or depressed etc. It’s too hard to explain sz to them and the stigma is big. Sometimes when I hear voices i try to hide it from my husband but he sees right through it. So around him I am the real me. And around my pdoc and my sister and maybe my mom and dad too.

1 Like

you cannot be of who you are not. I dont believe in social masks. i think its people with complex thing which i cannot describe how why is that… ithink people could be different… and how do you show yourself to others is by your choice and if you choose one way or another its still you choosen that…

1 Like

there is the person you let people see, the one you hide but comes out sometimes, and the one you are still discovering

I hold masks for different people, it’s exhausting, I don’t even know who I really am half the time. It drains me too, I just want to not lie about my life or be fake, but I am with everyone, some days I don’t want to have to plaster on a smile and listen to their life, I would like them to ask me in return but it never happens and I just walk away tired and agitated, feeling on the verge of bursting at the seems. I wish people wouldn’t ignore the elephant in the room. Sometimes I’d like a genuine conversation.

1 Like

I wear an intimidating mask keeps the humans at bay… some still find interest and have become friends… the mask is a test and only scares those afraid of the dark… but it seems a lot fear the dark… I have no issue with masks I wish I could wear a real one out…but riot police don’t fear the dark…