Today is my 1 year board anniversary

It also happens to be the 6 year anniversary of the date I first tried hallucinogenic substances, for better and for worse in my life. But I will always remember that night…home for thanksgiving break…damn life has been down and up since then.

It’s clear to me I always had mental issues, but taking drugs made them bad enough it forced me to get help for it. So for better and for worse…

4 Likes

May I ask which particular substances?

Lsd was first then shrooms. I was smoking marijuana before and after too. Also antidepressant medication gave me bad psychotic reactions…but a bad trip with lsd was really the start of my life being in a tailspin for a while. Until I became med compliant and am well on the road to recovery!

Well that’s good to hear at least.

I’ve always wanted to try psilocybin(sp?) but when you hear about bad trips it’s like the idea is already planted and a bad trip would be inevitable. fear

2 Likes

Very true. Psylocibin is shrooms and I had some memorable experiences with low dose shrooms. But the one time I went high dose which was 18 months ago it left me with the worst anxiety and flashbacks. I went to rehab cuz of it my life was so unmanageable. It was such a shame it’s the biggest regret of my life. If you ever did do it…don’t go over 2 grams. I still have anxiety today cuz of that trip…

Congratulations on the one year anniversary :smile:

I got my psychonaut status five years ago, for better or for worse too, but mostly good, I’ve been lucky.

Take care!

1 Like

Congratulation :confetti_ball:
Long live the Forum.

1 Like

My older brother did a lot of acid. When he had a good trip it was great for him, but when he had a bad trip I was thinking - That doesn’t sound like much fun. He had a few problems with flashbacks for a while, but aside from that it did him no lasting harm. I’m like you. I had an approach/avoidance orientation towards acid. Those bad trips sure sounded scary. I did acid, but it was a weak acid. I just saw tracers and laughed a lot. It was fun. Now, because of the med’s, I can’t get high on acid. I’ve taken strong acid and it did nothing to me. Probably for the best.

1 Like

happy anniversary to you …:heart: for the forum.
take care :alien:

1 Like

I instinctively know that hallucingenics would screw up my already-messed up brain even worse. But I must admit, I took acid once and then went and spent an hour in family therapy.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.