This is the kind of computer I would assemble and sell

For my last Photoshop computer I put in a whackload of RAM and bought a Core i7 (five or six years ago). Paid a fortune. For my new one I bought a refurb Acer Core i5 on sale for dirt cheap. Pulled the built-in DVD out and slapped in a 240 GB SSD. Cloned Windows over to that. Added a second SSD via USB 3.0 for pre-emptive caching and Adobe software to write scratch files to. Haven’t run any benchmarks, but the sucker is extremely fast for my needs at under a $750 price tag. It’s also an all-in-one with a very nice touch screen so I came out ahead on this purchase. Was originally planning to drop $1800 on high-end Dell tower, but glad I didn’t.

10-96

1 Like

Technology is so awesome. I had kind of forgotten. Looks like I’ve found and interest finally.

Photoshop is pricey as hell…

Glad you got something running for yourself.

1 Like

i cant wait for the oculus or project morpheus or microsoft hololens vr to come out!!

i was going to by the developer kit for oculus but realised you need a really top line computer for that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVjFOwyy06g.

not quite safe for work… it is censored

Ill be deleting this in 10 minutes,

Yeah, J.A.R.V.I.S. installed in Mark IV armor or higher!

10-96

1 Like

Oh… Laughed so hard I got sriracha sauce up my nose. Ow ow ow. It burns!

10-96

1 Like

2:25 LIKE A BOSS :smile:

2 Likes

Ah ■■■■ I cant ■■■■■■■ do it … sheit…

1 Like

those are the only lonely island videos I support.

Jizz in my pants is alright as well but I’m not gonna post it here.

1 Like

damn i want SSD but they are still too expensive for me. the rig i got now was to satisfy my gaming and uni work / future jobs needs.
i needed it to do handle most from adobe master suite and being able to handle 3d modelling

@BryanAshley dont game much now but i have pre ordered destiny and gta 5. i have skyrim but i still have yet to play it. but with the graphics card i have now i should be able to have max settings on most games

Yeah dude you should be able to mod the ■■■■ out of the graphics. I suggest you look into it before you do. Steam workshop makes it simple although I’d also recommend and ENB filter which makes things a little more complicated. I can’t remember if that requires you install SKSE the script extender. Skyrim is the ■■■■ with mods.

Check newegg theyve got 120 gig ssds for 50 - 80 bucks as long as its SATA III and your MOBO supports it you should get a speed boost. I switched to SSDs because I was tired of traditional hard drives failing. I can work within a 120 gig limitation. Can’t have everything installed at once when it comes to larger games.

HE’S THE KING!!! 15 characters

1 Like

THIS IS THE BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE…
\

GET TURNED UP TO DEATH.

Haha pretty funny and not obscene.

1 Like

I almost want to go ahead and get a new card just to get back to modding skyrim… I always end up cheating though when its on PC. Opening the console and turning on god mode at least. Or leveling all my stats to 100 and maxing out the skill trees. Yeah the game is a lot more fun when your super powerful.

If your dont want to play with cheats just do what you gotta do to get conjure bow and fill out the proper conjuration skills like joint casting or whatever its called. The bound bow id the most powerful bow in the game. and you never have to worry about arrows.

Just to play skyrim and the next elder scrolls

consoles are a waste… I bought them both and I literally don’t touch them… It’d be really irresponsible to buy the graphics card too.

nah gonna wait… it’ll only get cheaper I’ll save hundreds.

This one is basically the same card with one less fan and 100 dollars less.

@BryanAshley i live in the uk, i think ill wait for the ssd with larger capacity to get cheaper first before getting one…or a few
yea ive seen some of the mods and they look amazing.
i remember a few years back an unemployed guy made a lands mod for skyrim and ended up getting a job at bungie
nah i wouldnt pay that much for a graphics card
i bought most of my parts used so i got it for cheap, if i sold it when i built it i would definitely of made a healthy profit. i bought my rig with the intention of overclocking i still havent needed to

1 Like

Yeah I dont overclock unless its like that from the factory… don’t really know much about it. I dont see it provide to much of a gain isnt worth risking the hardware.

I have no life, modding skyrim to the max sounds like a lot of fun. Not just the graphics though, there are mods to overhaul everything. Like random encounters and travelling folk of different types who will sometimes fight if they conflict. Stormcloak vs imperials and bandits and stuff. Dont know if its worth 400 dollars though. Aparently the 290x is terrible performance for the price but the dont make 8 gig variants of the higher end nvidia stuff… Yeah I’m just gonna wait, wish my original card didnt break. Then I got sz… OH well ■■■■ happens,

Im really only worried about running the next elder scrolls… its gonna be limited by the xbox one/ps4 hardware. Hopefully they’ll show some love to the PC faithful.

Yeah the 8gb unified memory of the consoles is troublesome to pc builders.

1 Like