Therapist Kati Morton discusses Self Harm

I’ve been following Ms Morton on YouTube. She discusses everything from schizophrenia and schizoaffective to anorexia in an easy to understand format.

I hope this helps someone out there.

Blessings,

Anthony

7 Likes

Wow! Hey thank you for sharing this! I totally I.D. with this video, thanks!

1 Like

I can’t tune in to her main points. Too much fancy rambling, repetition and distracting self awareness and importance.
This would totally freak my (self harming) son out. “Does this makes sense?” No. Very confusing. And patronizing.
JMO.

It was a great video, surely helpful for those who have that self harming behavior.

1 Like

Very informative Anthony, thanks . I think that I self harmed because I could not cope with the flood of rapid cycling intense emotions I was going through on a daily basis - it was too much for me to process, so I cut to show others that I was suffering - the physical wounds (scars) now matched my emotional wounds - good video, I am sure that some will take notice and seek help for their self wounding behaviors

Thanks for sharing your story with me, Rob. I used self harm in a similar way during the early stages of my illness, before I was diagnosed and treated.

Thankfully, proper treatment (A LOT of therapy) helped me to stop self harming. But I still have those scars. The difference now is that I don’t want people to see them.

But they are a part of me. And they serve as powerful reminders to never let myself get that ill again.

Many Blessings,

Anthony

1 Like

Yes Anthony, I self harmed when I was in very bad shape, also in the beginning stages of my illnesses - I also carry scars - I promised myself that i will never allow myself to get that sick again

1 Like