The price of cheese, expensive

Sounds like a bear’s diet.

1 Like

Only one explanation for the rise in cheese prices, the cheese war. According to the news, countries in Europe dislike how American companies make cheese and call it by the European names.

This probably/definately sounds weird, but I totally predicted this ‘war on cheese’ too. Completely accidentally. I was joking with my wife, saying weird/random things and I ended up saying something about goat cheese and how Wisconsin (Americas cheese capital) would go to war with France (don’t know why I chose France) over who gets the rights to all the goats and their cheese. I was just saying whatever came to mind, just building a story from thin air. Then the next day, I saw the above story about the “Europe’s war on american cheese.” I told my wife and for some reason she didn’t find it as fascinating as I did. Either I can predict the future uncontrollably or the-powers-that-be injected this into reality to f*ck with me. Either way, WAY to random to be a coincidence.

Oh, then there’s the fact that a couple weeks later this thread pops up about cheese and cost (the cost of things goes up in war) soooo…Yea…more reasons to doubt possibility of craziness.

1 Like

I used to buy smoked salmon at Lidl, but then the price went up from 2.99 to 3.99 euros and I stopped buying. I eat no salmon and no cheese anylonger.

I was reading this article somewhere about how Canadian Standards on pasteurized cheese excludes a lot of french cheese or even unpasteurized Stilton so instead of Drug runners… There are Cheese runners. There was a Cheese sting .

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/09/27/161917296/cheese-smuggling-ring-is-brought-down-in-canda

This is NPR, not the Onion. A Cheese-Smuggling Ring… What an odd world we live in.

1 Like