Groceries are so expensive!

it took 90 percent of our food money to get just the basic necessities for the month…sheesh…you got high food bills?

5 Likes

The place where I shop is expensive and I can’t afford to buy enough food. It’s the only place I can get to besides a gas station which is expensive too.

10yrs ago you could get a kg of ground beef for 2$. Now its 9$ minimum

1 Like

I’ve noticed that groceries are cheaper in Spain than in Belgium and there quality is really good too.

2 Likes

Spain is affordable but I read the least expensive country in europe is Czech republic followed by bulgaria and hungary

2 Likes

But the weather is better in Spain.

I’m staying here!

1 Like

Food is wayyy too expensive. Living off banana smoothies.

Everything is going up at an sadly impressive rate.

Our electric provider informed us they’re services were going up 25%.

No option other than to live in the dark.

You have to pay.

Last month, with it being cooler and running the heat a little, plus the changed rate,

Our bill was $600.

That’s a ■■■■■■■ sin.

1 Like

Omg! Wtf!!! That’s insane!!!

1 Like

We don’t have enough money this month to make it to the end of the month.

My husband hasn’t been feeling well but he’s going to have to drive Uber a bit to cover expenses.

I’m going to try to return to work when I’m done with PT for my ankle.

I’m nervous. I failed at my last 3 attempts. One job was 10 years ago. The other to recently.

I’m worried my paranoia will go into overdrive

It’s true that grocery prices have gone up due to pandemic-related labor shortages and supply chain issues, but it’s also true that grocery stores have leveraged those issues to reap enormous profits (price gouging).

Yeah, it costs me a lot more to buy groceries. I do most of my food shopping at Walmart, but certain things (bakery, deli, produce, fish) I buy at Publix.

Yeah. We try to work around it by hitting sales and buying in bulk from a restaurant supplier. Avoid paying retail whenever possible.

Yes. The last 2 years prices have gone up significantly. I am spending roughly double what I was 2 years ago and my shopping habits have remained the same.

1 Like

Yeah. I got 2 frozen pizzas and a 24 pack of Coke Zero and it cost about $40. :ant::ant::ant:

2 Likes

I eat apples cheese oatmeal bananas and vegetables and salads.

My bill is okay. Soda is the most expensive thing.

2 Likes

I usually spend $100 per week.

2 Likes

My bills gone up £60 quid. But i pay extra to have it delivered some of it, like the meat from a proper butcher.

2 Likes

My Mom is on the Medicare + Medicaid dual program so we get 260 extra for groceries each month

4 Likes

Remember when tuna was 69 cents a can and now it’s 1.25 per can here. :disappointed:

1 Like

We spend at least £130 on food once per week. It’s ridiculous. We can’t afford to put treats in anymore. Only what we need.

Also our gas and electric rose in January from £200 a month to £340 where do they get these figures from ? Yeah it is a ■■■■■■■ sin. There is no need for it.

Anyway my rant is over.

1 Like