Sub therapeutic abilify= bad

In case this is useful to anybody on abilify either considering a sub therapeutic or already on a sub therapeutic dose, here’s my experience :

Tried 5 mg, worked fine for about 5 weeks, then stopped working, had suicidal ideation.

Tried 7.5mg, worked fine for about 5 weeks, then became very bitter, started feeling evil, had suicidal ideation.

Went back onto the 10mg therapeutic dose, immediately, as in the next day, felt “fine”

In my experience anyone whose doctor puts them on a sub therapeutic dose for schizophrenia isn’t doing you any favours. Except maybe for about 5 weeks.

What other APs have you tried, besides Abilify?

Everyone is different. Some people do fine on 5mg of abilify. I think gtx1990 is one of them:)

I was on 5MG for 4 years and didn’t have many unbearable issues. Its different for everyone i guess. I got depressed and went up to 7.5 and i’m fine for a year but having spending issues lately.

The lot. But each one for a short period of time. Eventually settled on seroquel which I barely survived. Basically rexulti claims to solve all the issues I have with abilify.

I would not be so afraid to try Rexulti - I think that during trials it had a 90 percent completion rate, which is pretty darn good.

And its not like its a completely new drug, its a reformulation of Abilify

1 Like

If you go to 10mg, let us know how it changes things for you.

I used to be on 10mg for a few months in the early stages of illness but caused heart issues and had to go back down a dose.

There’s no winning with abilify… I get heart issues above 10mg. At least 10 works.

I went from 15mg to 30mg in the space of two months and it didn’t do anything. In fact, I ended up in hospital because I was basically being untreated. That said, it must work for some people, otherwise it wouldn’t exist.

I am on Latuda now, and if that doesn’t work, unfortunately the doctor wants me on Clozapine, which I am not too keen on that idea to say the least.

1 Like