Social pain

who experiences social pain as a result of stigma associated with schizophrenia?

1 Like

Where I live I’m surrounded by other schizophrenic’s, so I don’t feel like I’m facing the stigma alone. Sometimes I feel the stigma, though, like when we go to town.

1 Like

I don’t notice much personal stigma, but the main reason for that may be that I don’t mix with anyone really.

1 Like

I’m rejected by the people at the assisted living facility where I live. But, I don’t feel much pain over it. I sit alone at a dinner table by myself and I’m happy there. I was recently kicked out of a table of six women. I don’t know why. They just didn’t like me, I guess. I’ve always known that people don’t like me. I just have to avoid people like the plague. Stick with the One who I know adores me.

2 Likes

The stigma is very painful for me. People seem to me to act like either I did something very wrong or illegal or I am soon going to be doing something horrendous. I was born with schizophrenia so I have never had any real friends. Also people seem to act like I am destitute.

3 Likes

man you are a rugged mother-■■■■■■ in a way the world can’t see or ever acknowledge. In this you can know it for yourself and just totally get off on rolling with the ■■■■■■■■ and taking care of your physical self well enough that it remains easy.

The world ain’t giving social credence to nobody… territorial immature pricks in every social circle and on every street corner… dude ■■■■ other people’s opinion’s…

I’d just try to find a social circle that is based on mutual respect, kindness, and accepting anyone who is geared to appreciate that vibe… I don’t know why that seems like a blasphemous concept by and large. Those circles are out there… you kind of have to be needless of attention to get settled with folk in the long run. It’s tough to baby anyone … and not because people are short of concern… it’s just weird in the end anyways… super complicated mess which why a lot of people just opt out and behave like 2 year olds…

there are good adults in this world everywhere… mellowed out and just kind of playing around… got proper distance inside… They’re the only people I can count on to reflect back for a minute and find some sense that even though the world is straight up insane… this ■■■■ can still be done.

■■■■■■■ hilarious through and through at times…

You’re schizophrenic… it’s nobody’s fault… no one can really tell on a good day and they’d rather just have you stay in that fake state where they can ignore your pain… it’s easier for them and everyone has a wall of ■■■■■■■■ around them that could come crashing down if they get to taking things to seriously…

Like try chronic back pains or someone who is in and out of chemo… like chronic back pain is just ■■■■■■■ common place for almost every one in adult hood… some people get shafted and fall off a roof or a horse or have scoliosis.

Them folks are wincing inside just like us at almost all times…

Learn to think within the head mess and you’ll start to realize it isn’t that bad… hella craptastic still… cognative dissidence…

anyways man humans are out there suffering in all kinds of ways and just fighting through it. It would be great if people were just universally nice… be a totally different world… but the small minded pissants can’t sort out how to get over themselves and see how that really is better for everyone in the long run.

Hate to mention crap like jealousy and dominance issues and sexual creepy-dom exist… but damn that’s pretty much behind most all of the bad behavior… add systematically reinforced poverty and high expectations and literally does feel like the world is just trying to pop us all like little pimple unless we are subservient to it’s will… and that is totally beyond any of us at this point. Ain’t no one allowed to hold the reigns up there any more…

It’s cool though… you find a good environment for yourself and you can just quit thinking about all that… That is no one’s responsibility… it’s why we have government.

Crap loads of good wise perceptive people are out there keeping an eye on things… Government isn’t really under control by any means, but whatever goes down we will all be in good company…

I know for a fact people can’t be controlled at all. Alcoholism… dude… so many folks are so god damn errant that any chance they get they’re going to do whatever they can to feel free… and so long as it’s profitable the world wins out well enough to just let it keep happening.

Social stigma ain’t nothing to worry about… sounds like you just need some good friends.

1 Like

People don’t seem to like me either.
I was hated as a child as well.

I have social problems n feel attacked.

1 Like

I rarely feel accepted. Always an outsider.