Seroquell to seroquell xl - breakthrough symptoms

I used to be on normal seroquell 600mg at night. My pdoc has changed that to 600mg seroquell xl at night. I have been on that for 5 days but today I woke up in panic mode. I was so anxious. There was no content to my anxiety, just a free floating fear.

Is this normal when changing meds? I have forgotten what is like to change meds as I have been on this regime for so long. Is my body just getting used to the new medicine?

Only time will tell. I dont know anything about seroquel thought. All I know is that it didn’t work for me.

1 Like

I had a hard time when my meds got switched up. There were a few weeks where my head circus was in a bit of a scramble.

I went from 200 mg Seroquel to half that and then latuda got added. I love where I am now, but during that initial phase of changing over, my paranoia amped up, my anxiety amped up, I felt manic and upset at the same time. It was hard. But therapy helped me pull myself together during the med switch.

Then when I got switched over to Geodon… that was an accident and I unraveled quickly.

Thanks for the replies. Feeling a lot better today. Less noisy thoughts. Am taking the xl in the evenings now. It has to be taken on an empty stomach so I have to plan my meals. In fact I think I am also less hungry on the xl.

Am also on the depixol decanoate injection. This is long lasting. I prefer long lasting, steady release meds. Less ups and downs (except when changing to a new med of course).