Police was not indited...Ferguson Missouri (should this be news or diagnosed?)

I live in St. Louis Missouri, glad I’m not that near Ferguson, but I am like 10 minutes away from Clayton Missouri, where the jury statement was read (the main court house is in Clayton MO), as the officer was not charged in the murder of Michael Brown. I’m already hearing police/fire/ambulance trucks going down the highway causing me to be highly agitated tonight. Not so much with voices and that in my head but just very strong paranoia. I keep looking online for more updates, I saw in an article protesters broke out the glass in a police car and tried tipping it over before police arrived on the scene. I saw another video of a car completely engulfed in flames…maybe I should stop watching updates on this and distract my attention with something else…

I’m thankful I don’t have to go anywhere tonight, or the next few days really as protesters let out their frustration…hopefully it wont drag on that long now that the trial’s over…

I can’t believe they didn’t find indictment, this is really a shame. I pray you will be well.

I watched the press conference where they detailed the facts of the case. I saw no reason to indict him.

Not a good night to own a tv store.

3 Likes

I heard of footage where he shot Michael Brown like 3 times when he had his hands up. Have you seen any footage @Malvok ?

The forensic evidence I’ve seen indicates he was shot while attacking the officer and trying to wrest control of his weapon away from him. I feel the officer was within his rights to defend himself.

10-96

4 Likes

Well, in my opinion Brown’s family is not portraying Brown in a realistic manor. They keep showing a younger photo of him looking sweet and innocent, According to recent security images he was a fairly big person, at 6’ and well over 200 pounds. He was involved in a possible robbery, the video shows him swiping cigarettes. I’ve heard conflicting reports that say he was inciting the officer, who may have known he was unarmed but seeing someone bigger than you coming at you angrily, I can see how he panicked. I also heard that it police are trained to shoot when they feel threatened, and to empty a clip (magazine or whatever).

If Brown was being aggressive towards the officer that day, even without a gun the officer had the right to defend himself with the best ways possible. Sure, I think over did the shooting, he could have done other things probably…but I wasn’t there and don’t know the whole story even though it’s been on the news like nightly…I mean they change stories all the time so it’s hard to keep all the facts straight.

Further more, sadly if this had been a white on white or a black on black case it would not be getting the attention from the people or the media…

2 Likes

That’s our justice system. It’s not perfect, and we have more prisoners than any other country. Cops have a stigma as does SZ, but you can’t just go shooting people based on the prolific stigma of a black teen being a teen. No revolution needed in MO. We all know what happened, and all know the flaws of a corrupt system. Awareness and prayers

No, I just heard the press conference.

I think in that situation a policeman is supposed to shoot to wound, not to kill. If that isn’t the rule, it should be.

Guns are designed to kill, not wound.

Guns are a form of force that can be applied as we choose.

Perhaps.

But do you see a reason for those people to riot?

Maybe we all need to do something, hopefully peacefully, if possible, with the crap like executive action going on. Things are looking bad.

1 Like

lol

No, but then I’m not a rioter and looter. I’d guess most of these thugs were just waiting for a chance to tear stuff up. It’s just like a flash mob robbing a 7-11. These guys have shown that they care more about looting and destruction than any form of real protest. They are, regardless of race, animals.

1 Like

They’re human beings, not animals. I do agree with you that their burning and looting of businesses is very self-defeating. Those businesses provide the goods and services that make life better for everyone. They provide jobs that support the community. This kind of lawlessness makes it very hard for businesses to come in and serve the community. Who’s going to invest in their neighborhood when businesses are getting looted and robbed?

2 Likes

No good reasons. What a society we could live in if that energy was applied in a positive fashion.

The same goes for you, by the way. Maybe your life would be more pleasant if you didn’t spend most of your time imitating Eeyore and bemoaning every little thing. Everyone has crap in their lives. The people everyone points to as success stories are the ones who look past that and get on with their days, get out there, and do something.

10-96

I know for a fact that a whole lot of cops are very over the top gun obsessed.
I really think that cops as a whole should be better trained in humanity/community training as well.
My cousin is a State Trooper and I get a sense that a lot of his training was military style.
Cops should be trained more on how to treat others - especially the mentally ill.
With that said, I dont think Michael Brown was a boy scout and I don’t know the facts but it could be that the shooting might have been justified.
But over all cops need more intense training and screening on how to treat people like humans

Polite disagreement. Guns are designed to deliver a specific projectile within a specific accuracy tolerance according to barrel length and design. The lethality is dependent on the type of ammunition load. This ranges from a ‘blank’ round that is all bark and no bite to rubber crowd control rounds to highly lethal rounds designed to pierce body armour or those designed to fragment upon entering the target and transfer all of their energy to the subject. (The last enter like a dime and exit like a dinner plate.) There is also the amount of propellant (gun powder) packed into each round. The higher the ‘load’, the more speed/force the round travels with.

For my own bow I can purchase ‘blunt’ (rubber tipped arrows), standard target tip, standard razor tip, or ‘death blossoms’ (arrowheads that spread open on contact with the target and cut a large swath internally).

In the end, how lethal a weapon is depends on the type of ammunition used, what part of the body it is aimed at, the skill of the person using the weapon, and the number of rounds fired.

10-96

Yeah, we should arm our police with rubber bullets. Sorry but I value the lives of the police over the criminals.

1 Like