Miscommunication Between Members - The Noise Concept

I have been watching a lot of behaviours lately and reminiscing about my own experiences and thinking about why members are leaving - and I think it all comes down to two things.

1- “Noise”

2- Miscommunication and interpretation from the interference of “The Noise”.

To help give a better understanding of noise, I’ve posted an explination of noise in another thread. So you can check that out to get more in depth. But to summarise, “noise” is basically any interference in the transaction of sending and recieving a message. It can be physical noise or psychological ect.

And that leads me to the point of this thread. I think a lot of my reason for leaving was because of this noise we were blind to while we posted on the forum. Our goal here as a community is to support and maintain friendships as individuals and as a whole. Dispersing into little groups is how communities cease to help each other.

So please, I beg you to eliminate noise in between yourselves as you see it. We may all have psychosis related disorders (or at least said we did) but we still come from different backgrounds yet assume people speak like us or communicate like us or even think like us. Please just try to not have those assumptions.

6 Likes