I'm going to Reverse this Med induced weight gain

Started my diet today 3/23/17
Going Low Carb.
No Pasta, No Bread, No Pizza - Ugh! …

I lost a lot of weight in the past by going on a low carb diet.
Let’s see how this goes.

11 Likes

Good luck! Be strong. I don’t have the will power/discipline to be on a proper diet.

2 Likes

I wish you the very best! I can’t blame medication, it’s just how I (poorly) handled a lot of changes/stress in my life… I need to lose weight too.
It’s hard to make that commitment and stick with it, but when you’re ready you’re ready!

2 Likes

Oh man, I messed up my diet tonight already.
Had some potato chips, bread, and lots of cheese tonight.
I did manage to walk for half an hour at least.

Tomorrow is a new day.
Not going to give up just yet.

4 Likes

I like the spirit @Wave………Keep us updated with the progress

Have a successful journey :wink:

2 Likes

It’s generally a good idea to consult your doctors before going on a diet. Both your physical and your psychological doctors. Some diets aren’t safe for certain people, schizophrenic or not. Certain diets can be harmful for people with certain metabolisms, schizophrenic or not.

2 Likes

Low carb was hard for me, I think the aps might need serotonin to work. Carbohydrates create serotonin in the intestines.

2 Likes

just cut out sugar, you can still have some complex carbs

2 Likes

I went on the atkins diet once and just craved carbs. A calorie controlled diet works and you can eat whatever you want. Download myfitnesspal for your phone and try calorie counting.

2 Likes

Well I don’t plan on eliminating carbs completely.
Just food items like bread, pasta, sugary foods etc…

I plan on sticking with veggies, brown rice occasionally etc…

2 Likes

I lost 70 lbs on a low-carb, high protein diet while I was taking resperidone. I liked the diet. It was basically eating a lot of meat and fat-free sugarless dairy products. It also included unlimited vegetables except for starchy vegetables like potatoes or corn. Sugar substitutes were also allowed like Splenda or Stevia. Spices and herbs were also allowed and condiments like mustard, vinegar, sugar-less ketch-up, low-sodium soy sauce, and a few others. If you are ambitious and you want to cook two or three times a week, there are a million recipes online for nutritious, good tasting, simple recipes for low-carb diets. Including main dishes, sides, desserts, soup, stew, and hundreds of other types of food.

2 Likes

I don’t know about a low carb diet now.
I’m not crazy about meat so much.
I had homemade lentil soup for dinner.
Maybe I’ll go lower carb and eat lower calories.

1 Like

When I was dieting I would have low carb or vegetarian lunches. Amy’s frozen food is good. I like their burritos. It is all vegetarian. Other times I would eat turkey hot dogs plain.

1 Like