I may have to switch to Invega

I went to see my pdoc - I told her that my moods are not 100 percent - she said to go back up to 3 mg of Risperdal.
I told her that at 3 mg I was a bit agitated - she asked me to try going up slower over a week or so.
She said if I was feeling agitated at 3 mg to alternate Risperdal doses - taking 2.5 mg one day - the following day taking
3 mg and continue switching back and forth between 2.5 g and 3 mg etc…

I asked her if I still feel agitated doing it this way - are there any other antipsychotics I can try - she suggested Invega.
She said that some people tolerate Invega better than Risperdal - and vice versa.
These 2 meds are very similar, but she said that there are some differences on how people tolerate these meds.

I have been on Invega in the past but it interacted with the Depakote that I was on at the time so I could not really judge it too much.
If Risperdal makes me too Agitated/fast heart beat I may try giving Invega another shot -
Anyone else try or is on Invega now? How are you doing with it? I would like to know :smile:

She basically shot down the idea of me getting off of Antipsychotics - Oh well …

1 Like

Well I understand. Invega 9 mg, I am a 250lb person so weight may affect dosage here. Do not play experimental dosing. It is not healthy on the nerves. Constant fluctuation. Now I tried Invega found it to be noticeably more effective than risperdal 6mg. I did love risperdal at 6 mg. But hey YOU, wave your dream of coming off AP may not be a accurate dream. Why? You have SZ. Its a common fallacy that maybe one day I can come off AP. But only at the loss of the client.

1 Like

I’ve been on seroquel for 4 years and then switched to invega. I am not sure how to put it in words but it is much better than seroquel at many things. I am not sedated any more which is most important as I have to keep up with work. I actually feel very good with invega. I am somewhat above 250 lb and I think it is due to the med, the only bad thing about it to my notice.

1 Like