Home gym set up- graduation present

I just got a new computer, the best one Best Buy had, and they’re installing software so I can do my research. I also ordered a whole home gym for fighting/military fitness, and it should be here before I move to the neighboring state for grad school.

I got a cage with dip bars and a pull up bar, two pairs of Dumbbells, gymnastic rings, and oh crap I meant to order a little platform for calf raises, I just realized that.

I’ve lost a little too much weight, so I will be using the weights to put meat back on my delts, biceps and triceps, where I have really lost muscle mass. I went from bodybuilding to strictly fitness and now I am kind of skinny but very fit and lean. I can run well but that’s no good compared to raw power in my opinion. I do like running, but I have to cut back to two 4 mile runs a week because I’m still dropping weight and don’t mean to.

Just excited to be able to buy this stuff with gift money for graduating college summa cum laude, chi beta phi, and phi kappa phi, and a thesis I will soon be working to get published. I took a week off to relax and sort out stuff like an apartment and loans and a new car which was also a gift.

Anyone have home gyms? I love working out but can’t tolerate gyms. Driving to and from and then the equipment being occupied and crap is a bad deal.

In other news, I have to cut back to just one coffee and I’m trying yet another plan with my psychiatrist about my sleep disturbances.

10 Likes

I’ve got a chin up bar. Used to have a may Thai bag but no room for that anymore.

1 Like

I have two boxing bags. I have worn them pretty well, had to replace the hook the banana bag hung from when my friend who is 240lbs went berserk on it. I also have a teardrop bag which is better for straight up boxing but not as good for other styles of fighting.

1 Like

I have a Home Gym too, it helps when you can work out in your underwear with the music you like. I don’t use it as much as I should, trying to be more motivated for the summer. Used it three times this week, only 20 minutes on it and 20 minutes on the bike. I am in an awful shape. Good luck for the move, movin’ on up!

5 Likes

I was renting a room in this guys house years ago. Maybe 25 years ago. He had a universal gym in his garage and he said I could use it if I want. Every day for three years I meant to start a work-out routine but I never did. I used it about four times.

Incidentally I take pride in myself that once I got clean from crack I started out trying to be as honest as I can and not break any laws and not lie and cheat or not steal another car or con my friends. But when I lived in this guys house, he had a mini-fridge in his kitchen and he kept it full of cokes and I used to steal his cokes and drink them. He never noticed, lol.

I guess I could add “petty thief” to my resume.

2 Likes

Mouse, sincerest congratulations on your hard won victories. Enjoy your new toys and your new independence – you have earned them. :heart:

3 Likes

Exercising appears to stimulate you mentally. Continue reaching short-term goals for long-term desires.

Congrats on Graduation.
Summa cum laude? Wow! Impressive. I got that my second time through college.
Consistency counts in study and exercise and diet.
Yes, caffiene doen’t play well with antipsychotic medications. Reduce caffiene or quit altogether but treat it like any addictive substance slowly.
Congrats on graduting. What’s your next goal?
Peace.

Now doing a masters in counseling, on track for the PhD program at this uni. Should happen with enough effort.

1 Like

“I shall die, but come back again on the third day”- this thread

just kidding.

congrats dude.