Here's a great idea if I do say so myself

Have you heard of the book/movie Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children?

Well, if we get to the point where we can test kids for SZ we could prepare them for psychosis, stigma, the works.

It’s just a thought.

1 Like

There are ways of testing for psychosis risk, but preventative treatment is very controversial at this point because the tests are not highly accurate.

1 Like

It wouldn’t be invasive. It would be more like a few after school classes. I went to piano after school and I turned out okay.

Oh, I see your point. My point is that if we did find something somewhat reliable, it would be okay to expose them to a class which would have the side effect of helping with stigma. See?

@anon9798425

2 Likes

Yes, I see what you mean and I agree. :slight_smile: When we get more valid tests, we should do all that we can to soften the blow (and maybe even avoid psychosis altogether).

3 Likes

I personally think it would be a great idea to enroll all kids in a class about the stigma of mental illness. 25% of people develop one at some point, so it is kind of important.

4 Likes

What I do when people act like they think they’re better than me, I just say to myself, “You’re free to have your own opinion, but I don’t have to share it. I’m a naturally skeptical person.” Learning to do that can spare you a lot of pain.

1 Like

I read the whole Miss Peregrine series of books. Very great reads! What a great adventure those kids went on!!!

1 Like