Have you ever called the police, because of sz?

When I’m getting sick I tend to call the police for some pety things. Some delusional things. And it usually ends up getting me put in the hospital one way or another. Anyone else call the police more when phsycotic?

yes, i did my first major hospitalization. I was convinced my auntie was being tortured so I kept calling her house but nobody answered. I got so paranoid that I finally called 911 and begged them to go check on my aunt because her life was in danger. 10 minutes later I was in the backseat of the squad car waiting on the ambulance. :confused:

2 Likes

That’s sad to hear , I know the feeling.

1 Like

Thought that I was being drugged, so I called the Ambulance.
Cops came too and I was placed in the Ambulance and driven to the ER.
From there I was taken to the looney bin the following day.

The second time I called 911 because I thought my Mom was drugged and being tortured.
Again the cops came and this time I was directly sent to the Psych Ward.

1 Like

I had the neighbor call 911 because I thought my wife had poisoned the kids. She had taken my phone away so I wouldn’t call people with delusions. I’ve called other times ,once I thought my wife was suicidal. Also called informed them about my employers delusional illegal activity ( got arrested). Other times wrapped up in delusions to complicated to ramble about.

I called the police a few tines to take me to the hospital. Only one cop told me I shouldn’t do that.

1 Like

Yes but they werent going to bring me a hamburger

1 Like

When I was first psychotically depressed, I called 911 because I thought I might kill someone because of the horrific thoughts I was having 24/7. At the time, I didn’t know why I was having them and they were unwarranted!

1 Like

During my first psychotic break I called 911 because I was certain that one of my classmates was in his car in the parking lot across the street with a rifle in his lap, waiting for me to emerge so he could kill me. It took less than a minute of talking to me before those police could tell what was really going on with me. They put me in the back of their cruiser and took me to a hospital crisis center, from which I was transferred to psych hospital.

3 Likes

Twice. The first time I had thought my ex had drugged me so I called the cops and they took me to the ER. They sent me home with some clonazepam. The second time I was living with my sister and I started tripping out on weed really bad so I asked my sister to call the cops. I went into the ER and was eventually transferred into psych for a few days.

I don’t like going into hospital so I try to avoid it at all costs but if I’m feeling really ill, I’ll admit myself into the ER.

2 Likes

I was convinced my mobile phone was being tapped so I phoned myself and left a message for the Feds to hear, challenging them to come and arrest me. Dark times

2 Likes

Yeah, they told me they were off of their meds. I gave them my best advice, I hope it helps.

2 Likes

I used to do that kind of stuff too. Or typing messages into Google for the people monitoring my electronics to read

1 Like

I’ve never called the police for anything, when I was ill I probably would have if I hadn’t thought they were in on the conspiracies

1 Like

I only call 911 when I’m having a really bad panic attack and need someone to talk to in order to calm down.

I haven’t done that in a while though because they record everything that you say and that freaks me out even more.

1 Like

No. One time when I was a kid I got home from school and my Mom wasn’t home and I called the police and said someone stole my Mommy.

The cops came and a few minutes later my Mom showed up. She had gone to the store.

2 Likes

I called and reported a rape at a library, and was simply asked if I wanted a visit. I was very psychotic and violent at that time. Was sentenced in court also during that winter.

1 Like

The second day I was ill I called the police that I thought someone was outside with a sniper rifle and was going to shoot me.

I woke my mum up and she talked to them and told them everything was ok, I saw my GP a day or 2 later and was referred to the local EIP team.

I wouldn’t have any more contact with the police till a year later when I got sectioned when I returned to university, when I got more unwell due to a meds adjustment on quetiapine. 600mg -> 400mg.

1 Like

I once called the police and ended up talking to the police chief because I was convinced that the construction workers outside were spying into my windows and trying to get in my house. The chief wasn’t too nice, but he did talk me down.

1 Like