Good Results with ProFrontal + L-Theanine

I’ve recently been experimenting with ProFrontal and I found that it worked for a few days and then quit, then I’d have to try something else for a few days (d-serine) and then that would quit and I would have to go back to ProFrontal and then that would work again. I have no idea why this was happening. I decided to try ProFrontal + L-Theanine to see what would happen, as it increases L-Glycine in the brain and it worked great! It had the strongest effect from anything I’ve taken on my negative symptoms. You can get it from Smartpowders or Nutrabio, it’s expensive but it’s worth it. You can get more for your money from Nutrabio (www.nutrabio.com) .

3 Likes

That’s good to hear that you’ve found relief from the negative symptoms. Negative symptoms are often misunderstood as laziness, but they are very debilitating and cause a great deal of suffering. Good job!

1 Like

That’s how I feel mortimermouse. The negative symptoms are equal to that of or worse than depression.

another thing to note is that antipsychotics often mimic negative symptoms with their side effects- the side effects often include depressed mood, hypersomnia and sedation. I myself require a constant blood level of caffeine in order to function, and my mornings are seriously infantile, it takes me two hours to drink a black coffee, eat and take my meds and have a couple of cigarettes before I feel like I am alert enough to drive.

Before meds I just wolfed down some food and got in the car. Now I have a long morning routine that is frankly embarrassing, but I think it’s worth the whole no voices and no delusions thing.

When I was younger, I used to get up and go too. Now, I always need 2 hours when I get up. Dont talk to me unless I have had my coffee! Maybe it is just a personal rhythm. If I didnt have to go by my job`s timeclock-I would be up before the sun. I work second shift-get to bed by 3am-sleep until 1100am. That is not my natural timeclock!

I had to quit NAC because of gut problems, it’s a shame because it was really helping. I’ll try Theanine so I can cross it off the list, but I don’t have high hopes for it because I’ve tried a lot of stuff and for one reason or another they didn’t work out. I had a similar reaction to yours, Sarcosine worked great at first, even too great, all my negative symptoms disappeared and motivation was even too strong, it was like I was on high dose of amph or something, I couldn’t sit and relax I was so motivated. That didn’t last and by the time I had taken it 5 days I was almost back to baseline. I think there must be some downregulation or something that happens because I’m not the only one with a reaction like this. Somebody said that Lysine did the same thing together with Sarcosine that you described but it didn’t have the same effect for me. I do drink some tea and it changes nothing for me, but maybe I’m not getting a high enough dose.

I always buy my supplements from iHerb, seems to be the cheapest. Except they don’t have Sarcosine so I get that from Smart Powders.

is that stuff still working

Yes, it’s been about a week of taking it 2-3 times per day and it’s still working thought it has a long way to go to get rid of my symptoms completely.

Have u taken Profrontal for about 3 weeks and have it kick in?Mine was working after about a month of taking it but I ran out 4 about a week. Although it seems like it kicks in after a few days, like 2 to 3.

I have yet to take it for that long, the longest I’ve taken it consistently was for 2-3 times per day for about 4 days, it does seem to work better the longer I take it. For some reason it seems to work better if I’ve recently taken clozapine, however if I take it with clozapine they cancel eachother out and I feel ill, I’m not sure what to do about this. I’m experimenting with taking L-Theanine with Clozapine-- when I do that some of my symptoms get better and others get worse. I’m in kind a predicament, the only thing I can think of is that maybe I need to take the Profrontal for a longer length of time without the clozapine since sarcosine and clozapine cancel eachother out.

I’ve been taking the profrontal since the 11th and It seems to stop working after a couple days. I think our best bet is to take the Pronfrontal for as long as it works than switch to something else for aslong as that works and repeat. Bizarre.

That’s exactly what I came to, there’s another NMDA agonist called D-Serine that does the exact same thing as sarcosine, I found that once the sarcosine stopped working I could take that for a few days and it worked but it would eventually stop and then I would have to go back to the sarcosine which would work again for a few days. L-Theainine can also be taken with D-Serine to enhance the effect. I heard someone said all this might be due to up-regulation at the glutamate or l-glycine receptor but I’m not sure.