Gift ideas for a wedding

I’ll be a guest at my Uncle’s wedding on 8th July! :church:

I don’t go to these things very often, but fortunately I do have a suit I can wear. I’m just not sure what to buy them as a gift, because I’ve only met his fiance once and I’m not good at buying presents.

Suggestions please!

Ask them if they have a wedding present list. Some couples do.

3 Likes

When I got married in America in 1992, the couples used to register in some major retail stores and then people were able to buy gifts that were in this register. @everhopeful 's idea is good.

2 Likes

Great idea - I bet my mum will know if there is a list, I’ll ask her this weekend when I’m visiting her

1 Like

Safest bet is to buy a voucher to a store and they can pick out something they like :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve never bought vouchers for people before, it seems such a redundant gesture, like if its the thought that counts then I thought very little about it. Then again you could say the same about having a list… I get really upset about gift buying for no real reason. Last two years I stopped buying things at Xmas/Bdays, which was a relief for me. Buuuuut for a Wedding I don’t think I’d get away with it.

Perhaps a voucher would be good on this occasion just for stress relief.

If they don’t have a registry list, a good option is a nice bottle of wine with two glasses and a little card saying, “A toast to your new life together!”

Unless they don’t drink. Then a safe option is to go on Facebook, find a nice picture of them together, print a larger size of it (most photo places will do this for a dollar or so) and put it in a cute frame. Lots of couples nowadays have pictures all over the Internet, but very few printed pictures.

3 Likes

I know but you can’t go wrong with a voucher ,

With most Indian weddings I’ve been to , they have “no boxed gifts “ on the invite. I find that rude. It means they want money :joy:

2 Likes

I always go with a nice card and cold hard cash. But maybe some sort of trinket or decoration with the wedding date monogrammed on it, like Candle sticks or book ends or something like that. Just my 2 cents.

2 Likes

When my brother and my sister in law got married they got four or five woks as presents. If you know anyone who is friendly to your brother’s fiancé you might ask them for suggestions.

2 Likes

The last two weddings of half brother n sister on paper I did not go.

But they got a chopping board.

One was bought at a market and was beautiful wood and cost over sixty dollars I think the other chopping board was a touch cheaper n I bought it on etsy and it was engraved with their names and year they were married.

What do they like?
Hobbies?
Anything you know they need?

A experience?
Hot air balloon ride a few of you put together for?

hey,

Get in early! If not a registry then get them a toaster! Include the receipt just in case…no point in giving them a lot of toasters!

Truly. Ask them what they need and then make up your mind accordingly. It’s a terrible thing in our society to do shite like that to us! How can you know what they need? but things like sheets and stuff always do well!

A friend in the struggle,

Rogueone.

A gift basket with cheese, chocolates, fruits etc is pretty good, I usually choose them cause I never know what to buy people

1 Like

I misread the date of the wedding, it’s in 2018 - LOL - I’m so silly.

This means all I have to worry about in July is my GF’s DLA thingy on 3rd, and my doctors/psychology appointments on 12th & 13th, which I can easily miss if I’m too stressed.