Do you have thought disorder problems?

Do you have thought disorder and if so what kinds of? Are there things that make it more or less problematic, such as does medicine help?

I just started on Invega 6 mg at bedtime and I am feeling better. However, it may be messing my visual memory. Three times today, I had the visual idea of being at one place in town; when I was in another. I also usually remember visually which area of the street I walked; but today I couldn’t remember. I did skip yesterday because it was raining. That made have had something to do with it.

Without Geodon I might as well be an infant that can walk.

Yes I do have problems with a thought disorder, but only when unmedicated. My brain comes to a halt, and I can’t finish my sentences, or the words just “drop” right out of my head. It sucks, no doubt.

1 Like

Goddamit I have said this over and over again. The basis of schizophrenia is the fact that it is a thought disorder.

Now go do research and come back and argue.

3 Likes

I had mean specific things like thought blocking or knight’s move thinking when asking about thought disorder problems here.

I know in a general sense about schizophrenia as a thought disorder, but i meant in more in the sense of the thought disorder meant when listed as a symptom, such as how on the NHS page it talks of symptoms like “hallucinations, delusions, thought disorder…” etc

I should have been more clear in my post

1 Like

I have poor short term memory and working memory, can’t remember what I meant to do next.

And I have trouble sequencing tasks, like the steps needed to prepare a meal.

Also sometimes a word or phrase will catch my interest and I will find myself repeating it over and over in my head as if it were a mantra with magical effect.

1 Like

Yes—Read E.Fuller Torrey on “Surviving SZ”. He outlines thought disorder in there. I am suffering so badly from thought disorder, I couldn’t begin to give you all its manifestations.

I read that book twice when I was 20. All of the experts on schizophrenia know that it is primarily a thought disorder- we all have the thought disorder in common. Robert Sapolsky’s lecture on schizophrenia from Standford on youtube is excellent, if you have time I suggest watching it.

Since you seem to enjoy learning :smile:

Schizophrenia Revealed is a great book as well.

what makes the thought a ‘‘disorder’’?

When my mom is asked what my illness is she says “He has a thought disorder”…SZ is a thought disorder. Bi-polar and depression a mood disorder. Then there are anxiety disorders such as OCD and PTSD.

Those are the 3 main categories in psychological illnesses I think. Abilify helps my thoguht disorder.

1 Like

Yes. I have thought disorder without medication. I don’t understand how psychiatrists can make a clearcut difference between thought and mood. Maybe my thoughts are disordered.

Yes, once in a blue moon my sentences might come out as gibberish, or I’m on the trail of one idea and my head will spin and go onto another. That’s what makes my writing so difficult because it’s hard to focus on specific things all the time.

It is also why I don’t think I could hold a steady job because my mind can get easily distracted or lost in a thought, the lost onto more thoughts and whatever. I’ve had an increase in my Seroquel and it’s a little better, but just now my mind wandered off for a moment as I was making this post and I had to focus myself back into the train of thought.

It’s kind of like someone flicking channels on a TV one thought happens. Then another one happens. Then another…or sometimes it’s like I’m sitting in front of a computer and pop-up notes come into my head and I want to read what they’re saying but it doesn’t really matter but it makes me lose focus on what I’m doing.

Thanks for the tip. I will look at “SZ Revealed”.

I can’t read or write. Can’t concentrate to do it. I can’t remember what I was just doing. Its like my brain is on ice. Frozen in nowhere. If something catches my interest or I want something then I push to jump start it. Any spark is a good sign…i don’t know what to do.

3 Likes

I get thought blocking or removal of thought at times. Strange feeling

1 Like

I do these things. Also my thoughts are disorderly and beyond my control or ability to observe, Things go off in tangents or in in tangents.

Zikes we are talking about schizophrenia so hell yes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It can feel like my brain is a maze with entrys and exits that don’t meet up, fragments in, fragments out. Sometimes I am better and its more like a machine that assembles the fragments into a logical order.