Clonazepam/Klonopin how should i take this med?

Am prescribed to take Clonazepam twice daily, im thinking day and night but can I take two all at once? I’m desperate going through anxiety attack

I used to take it 2x a day. Once when I woke up, once before going to bed. It’s a long lasting pill as far as benzos go, but can be sedating.

Makes u hungry all the time I put on like 25 pounds in a couple months on olanzapine

I was on klonopin for a few years. I used to put extra k pills in my med tray for times when I thought I would be anxious. They had me on 3 mg a day. If I ran out of k pills during the week I would get pretty tense. My pdoc took me off them when I told him I had given two of my k pills to this girl who was jonesing for heroin. It was rough getting off them, but once I was off them it wasn’t bad.

I take a small dose of Klonopin, I divide the 0.5mg dose in half, taking 0.25 mg first thing in the morning and 0.25mg in the early afternoon.

Klonopin is a long acting benzo, so it really doesnt matter when you take it - I prefer to take it in the morning and afternoon.

If you have any questions or concerns - talk it over with your psychiatrist.

1 Like

Cloneazapam is a temporary solution. You’ll get tolerant to it and it might stop working then. I’d take it twice daily as prescribed, and if that’s not working out, talk to your doctor.

i still take it 0.25 mg at nights it makes me sleepy…:alien:
what’s ur dose.???

I take 1 mg twice daily it doesnt make me tired at all but it really helps with my anxiety i take it as needed though so i dont get hooked on it

I take 0.5mg twice daily.

1 Like

I took it for 6 years and thought it eventually made my anxiety worse. There is a theory that when it wears off each time, anxiety is worse than ever. Stopping it caused withdrawal symptoms.
I recently moved and took one of my father’s Prozac pills. It seemed to stop my anxiety but I felt a little odd on it.