Antipsychotics and physical appearance

Thanks, lol no I was joking. I am very confident and love showing off. Geodon is the ■■■■ if it works for you, it doesnt cause weight gain. Otherwise I would still be waiting for my first kiss. lol. I know I am very lucky to respond so well to my meds. It causes akathisia which is ■■■■ but I take meds for that too. It also makes me require plenty of sleep and caffeine. I slept from about 1am to 1030 and just had a double cup of coffee an hour ago, gonna browse the interwebs for a bit, drink more coffee and read for class.

Do not expect my results- I was already in even better shape before the illness struck me- I am not as built as I was before schizophrenia and get frustrated about it sometimes. I was a martial artist and trained to be hard as a rock, withstand kicks to the stomach, and strike with enough force to push back even the biggest, heaviest people. In retrospect I am in mediocre shape. I used to be able to do anything- run fast, jump high, keep striking pads without getting tired, tackle people who weighed 100lbs more than me, ect.

Now I just lift a few days a week and eat a strict high protein diet while drinking a whole lot of water.

You dont look like me on accident. I might be bragging when I say this, but I work my ass off and have been since I was 16.

That’s great for you, that you maintain such a healthy physique while on meds. I was on Geodon for a while but it made me very sleepy and lethargic, I would fall asleep at work, and once while driving…oops. :sleeping: The combinations of meds, the lack of time I spent moving while looking for the right combination, and my negative symptoms led to severe weight gain for me. It’s so embarrassing, but I’m on a strict diet now to lose weight. I wish I could work out more though. I don’t have the motivation. I go to the gym once a week for 30 minutes. That isn’t going to do anything for me. It’s more that I go to make my mother shut up about the fact that I need to lose weight. TANGENT. Sorry. Anyways, good for you, keep it up, and I’m jealous.

good luck with losing weight- and maybe try preworkout supplements for motivation. I am dependent on them.

@mortimermouse

I can’t do cardio, but I was wondering about corset training? I hear that is supposed to help with belly fat. Should I try crunches or Hip Hop Abs?

I dont do cardio. I suggest push ups, pull ups, dips, jump squats, exercises without weights

1 Like

I am a nicotine addict. Today I just reached 24 hours nicotine free.

I was a heavy smoker who stopped smoking on July 3 this year when a surgeon told me I needed to not put any nicotine in my mouth for at least three days if I wanted my mouth to heal. Therefore, I put on two 21 mg. nicotine patches and began the nonsmoking experience.

The patches did not prove completely user friendly. For one thing, I had a bunch of activities I wanted to do that ended up dislodging the patches, which sometimes were not easy to replace. Partly because they were difficult to use, I worked my way down over the course of nearly two months from 42 mgs. of nicotine a day to 14 mgs. of nicotine a day, Then, yesterday, I took a shower, took off my old patch, and did not put on a new patch.

You know, I heard nicotine addicts report how much money they were saving by not using nicotine, and it hurt that although I wasn’t buying cigarettes or lighters, I was paying the copay on the patches for which my insurance company is for a limited time willing to provide. So here I am today nicotine free.

Incidentally, my nutritionist wants me to increase the amount of Vitamin B3 that I take. Did any of you ever look at Vitamin B3?

So. I wasn’t sure that I wanted to be nicotine free. Sincerely, I found at least 4 published studies out there that show nicotine as good for schizophrenics. The oddest thing is that these studies are financed by major Tobacco Companies!

Anyway, I’m getting my smoke free, and now nicotine free, adventure. I am saving money. Knowing the health benefits are almost immediate, I tried unsuccessfully to do a pull up this evening. But then I got down and did five perfectly executed push ups, so I know at least I have something with which to work.

Jayster

2 Likes