Abilify users.how much gain weight on abilify

i started abilify since 4 days i got 1 kilo.so abilify users how much weight gain during treatment

I’ve not gained any weight. But I switched from Flupentixol and had Zyprexa before that. Made me gain more than 30 kg.

1 Like

1 kilogram in only 4 days? That sounds unlikely. However I can relate somehow. I gained about 13 kg since starting abilify 8 months ago.

I gained more than 30 kg on Clopixol and Olexar. My weight stabalised since I started to take Abilify. I’m hoping to loose some weight by doing more excercise

I just started Abilify last Saturday. I’m so hungry… Will keep an eye on it until my next appt with pdoc. I’m counting all the calories I eat, even when I go way over my budget for the day. The hunger could also be boredom and/or depression. So far no weight gain.

I have been on 30mg of Abilify for a while now and have had no weight gain.

I gained 5 lbs over the winter, will lose it in the summer, so pretty stable

1 Like

No weight gain for me at 12.5mg of Abilify…
The side effects are different for everybody I think.

2 Likes

I was able to lose a lot of weight while I was on Abilify.
More than 40 or 50lbs.
I was dieting and exercising (walking) at the time.

I lost 6lbs since I started which was 3 months ago. It just makes me extremely anxious and I can’t get more than 4 bites of food down without gagging. sigh

When I was on Abilify, I was so restless, all the time. I felt like I wanted to crawl out of my skin. Skin on skin contact with myself felt disgusting, for example if my legs touched eachother, or my arm touching my side, without a clothing barrier made me cringe. My skin just felt gross, I don’t know why.
Being so uptight and restless, I barely ate. I lost 10lbs in one month. I got off it, after that, and gained 15lbs back.
Do you feel your appetite has increased? Or do you just feel like eating, even though you aren’t hungry?