Yummy Healthy Food Item Ideas and Why?

I am really into red split lentils atm really add a nice texture and flavour to the food I eat…

Good source of protein for me as I am a Vegan :no_mouth:

And I think Iron too which is not always easy to get on a vegan diet.

They also cook fast which is brill

8 Likes

LS!
Hi Raelyn_Fenn!
Hi I eat organic pumpkin soup to slow aging twice a week.
I make it with a sweet potato, curcuma powder, black pepper and extra virgin olive oil.
There is a lot of alpha carotene in it:

2 Likes

I make a vegan chili that is pretty good. Just 3 cans of various beans, a can of corn, a large can of tomato sauce, an onion, a bell pepper, and some mushrooms. Dice the fresh veggies and saute them in a big pot, then dump in the rest of the ingredients, and add your favorite Mexican seasoning. Simmer for like 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

2 Likes

I’m vegan too. I’d say my favourite meal at the moment is aubergine and butterbean risotto. I put lemon and thyme in it, garlic, vegetable stock, onion and mushroom. And nutritional yeast.

It’s hard to pick just one favourite ingredient! Have you tried golden chai? Turmeric, cocoa and coconut oil with agave nectar and oat milk.

I could go on all night about food :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

I have not tried golden chai. But I used to lurve drinking oatley chocolate oat milk! So tasty and cos it is relatively thin, you don’t feel bloated or anything unlike with cow’s milk

1 Like

I’ve been snacking on a lot of low fat vanilla yogurt lately.

1 Like

I saw this and wondered if it’s any good. Have you ever tried it?

Amazon.com : Premium Golden Milk Spice Drink Mix with Turmeric, Ceylon Cinnamon, Ginger, and Ashwagandha – Golden Milk – Superfood – non-GMO – Keto Friendly : Grocery & Gourmet Food

it’s only 17 bucks, I might try it

2 Likes

I love lentils, I make little tiny tacos out of them, and then put cilantro and lime on there

1 Like

I like bread omelet currently waiting for it to be cooked by my mum.

1 Like

3 Likes

Sounds very interesting. Idk what ashwaganda is though? Sounds a bit scary to me. I have a feeling it is the herb I used to take to help me with my statistics exam. Lol

2 Likes

im not vegan but i drink 2 glass of vegetable juice a day and 2 cans of tuna a day and glass of milk thats all.

1 Like

I love lentils!
I’m always eating them.
Highly nutritious!

1 Like

Vegetables are good for you. Especially green ones :yum:

1 Like

I like hummus with carrot or celery sticks

4 Likes

I don’t like chick peas but I was brave and tried hummus yesterday. It was roasted garlic hummus. I was pleasantly surprised. I actually liked it a bit. I could see how I could get used to it and maybe like it someday. I want to try the sundried tomato one. I love sundried tomatoes.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.