Your definition of jealousy+

My definition is:

When I see someone having sth I don’t have, I want him loosing that thing instead of wanting to have that thing for myself too,

What’s your definition?

2 Likes

Wishing ill of the person because of the “thing” in question.

2 Likes

Jealousy for me is beating myself up that I didn’t do better. I.e. not having the thing is my fault.

1 Like

Feeling a huge pain.

1 Like

For me it’s hate at that person, and then mad at everyone else for not seeing how bad they are, or not giving me the attention I deserve. My jealousy is hard for me to distinguish because I don’t feel jealous, per say, just angry and upset. I have felt envy, but I can work with that. I take envy and go “well, if she can do that… so can I, and I can do it better than her!” and I continue to work harder.

I don’t know if this is jealousy but I had a former friend back stab me and talk sht behind my back, but my other friend (who we are very close) didn’t believe me and is still friends with her, which pisses me off, because how can she be so blind? The ex friend is so rude to her! I don’t get it. She’s manipulative and a bitch. She’s one of those people who’s motto is “I’m not being rude, just honest!”, so you know how her morals work.

1 Like

Can you be blaming yourself for what is not even jealousy? Blaming yourself for your right to have sth good which others have?

I mean to me that is jealousy. But yeah I can get jealous to have that which others have yeah lol.

1 Like

When you want something that someone else has.

Not to be pedantic, but I think a lot of this describes envy. Jealousy is when you’re possessive of something you have and worry someone will try and take it from you.

Edit: That said, I say easy come, easy go. I’m not the most jealous person lately, although there was a time.

1 Like

Feeling frustrated that someone else is getting something you feel you deserve

2 Likes

Envy is a synonym of jealousy they mean the same thing :joy:

1 Like

Its not jealousy, its you want good things others have then what’s the problem? Although I have long thought that what is good and what is bad,

Envy is a reaction to the lack of having something. jealousy is a reaction to the threat of losing something(usually someone)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.