Write your best weight loss hack ✍️

Planks is a great idea thanks!!! I never thought of that for core…I do all the rest of those.

1 Like

I lost 50 lbs. seven years ago through calorie counting and kept it off all this time through the following hacks:

No soda pop, diet nor regular .
Very little to no alcohol.
Try to go easy on the sweets. Very important.
No artificial sweeteners .
Drink only noncaloric beverages.
Eat according to the food groups and eat only one serving of each at each meal.
Measure portions.
Exercise regularly at something you love to do. Personally, I do yoga.
Include in your exercise flexibility, strength, balance and endurance.

3 Likes

Cut out soda. Easy 10 lbs off

4 Likes

Yes! Planking is great for your core

1 Like

Depends….how do you feel about your teeth?

1 Like

Mine happened recently and with surprise. I changed from invega to perphenazine and have been losing weight. There are other factors, but I attribute parts of those factors to the med change as well. I’m kinda lucky that the new meds work. Hopefully it continues.

1 Like

Hello, my grandfather was Sicilian. He was a good cook, but was also in the Marine Corps and conscientious about his diet. I can list some of the meals he used to cook. Except the banana one. I found that online.

Roma tomatoes with chevre (goat cheese). Slice the tomatoes, spread the chevre, add balsamic vinegar and oregano. These taste good on Triscuits but can also be tossed into a spinach salad or eaten by themselves. You get calcium and vitamin c. Chevre is also pretty low in calories compared to mozzarella or feta.

Wheat Linguini with Clam Sauce. You boil the linguini while you’re cooking the clams, so it’s a quick twenty-minute dish. You simmer the clams in their own juices, add oregano, pepper, and lemon juice. If you have an oil-based salad dressing, you can use that instead of virgin olive oil. Once the linguini is done cooking, after you strain it, you can spoon it directly into the frying pan so it soaks up the juices. Wheat pasta is filling and has complex carbs. The clams have a lot of protein and are cheap when purchased by the can.

Grilled eggplant and shiitake mushrooms. All you need is olive oil, oregano, pepper, and salt. You marinate the eggplant and have that baking in the oven while you’re frying the mushrooms. I like to add a can of diced tomatoes while I’m cooking the mushrooms. Both shiitake and eggplant are high in vitamin b, a vitamin that will aid your metabolism.

Espresso Banana Ice Cream. Bananas, once you freeze them for two hours, can be blended like ice cream in a food processor. You can add vanilla, cinnamon, peanut butter, blueberries etc. The texture is similar to custard. I like coffee, so I like to add a little coffee ice cream to the frozen banana mixture. If I really need a caffeine kick, I’ll add a cup of espresso to the mix. You get a caffeine buzz, dose of vitamin c, and potassium.

Good luck on your weight loss journey! If any of what my grandpa used to make sounds good to you, you can check out Mediterranean recipes.

3 Likes

Did some planking for the first time in years… It’s pretty good. Thanks for the suggestions guys…together we big brain :smile:

1 Like

Thanks @Asoti and welcome!!! Maybe I’ll try the linguini one day since my diet has a lot of pasta. I would love to try real fresh Italian pasta in Italy one day…you made the food sound so good.

I eat pasta because of the complex carbs yes. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I don’t know a lifehack to loose weight on medication. The medication turns my body chemistry upside down. I don’t have much selfcontrol cause my mind is not what it used to be. I just let myself go, i try not to put more weight on. I cut down on junkfood and do my best drinking two liters of water a day. My only lifehack is to build your fitness up to one hour running, swimming etc. a day, the rest will follow like healthy diet, mental stability and so forth.

1 Like

My best advice is never under it if you don’t under you can’t binge also cut out all sugars and of course join overeaters anonymous

1 Like

Solid advice! Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

never under eat i mean haha xx

1 Like

But u dont really look overweight

1 Like

Yea I’m definately overweight haha…almost obese medically… In terms of average opinion I got a bit of a gut. But medically I’m very overweight :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

take big poops. i have lost over 100 lbs in the last 2 months. i weighed 350, i still weigh 350 but i lost 100 lbs in poop by consistently going to the bathroom every day
/s

3 Likes

Mad lad :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::clap::clap::clap::clap::fist_right::fist_left:
Congrats you win the game :handshake::handshake::handshake::trophy::trophy::trophy:

1 Like

We can hold eachother accountable through training and food intake, just daily updates if u like

1 Like

Yea that would be cool! Hope your doing well

I don’t have a successful one now but when I was younger it amounted to going to a buffet and having one plate of food, and one dessert. When I did that I lost weight. I also was in my 20’s.

1 Like