Would you say you are mature?

would you say you are mature?

Ive never understood the exact meaning of that particular word.

The only thing I know is that ive become more sensitive, caring and more responsive to pain over the past few yearsā€¦if that means more Maturity then so be that.

2 Likes

I am30 yrs oldā€¦
it fee ls like i am 65ā€¦
i am mature enoughā€¦
i 've seen all things in my lifeā€¦:alien:

2 Likes

I am close to 40 years old but I would say I am still immature.

2 Likes

Probably more mature than most 25 year olds.

2 Likes

Always a child at heart !!

2 Likes

I am more mature than I was a year ago.

3 Likes

ā€œMaturityā€ is in the eye of the observer. It is somewhat subjective .

3 Likes

The nature of the difference between men and boys is the price they pay for their toys.

2 Likes

I have my occasional shining moment.

2 Likes

I spent a lot of years being immature and didnā€™t know it. Our culture is predominantly immature, thatā€™s the mindset we tend to learn.

Immature is giving in to emotions simply because we feel them. Itā€™s having little or no control over emotions, then behaving based on our poorly regulated emotions. Immature is not learning any wisdom, not gaining any insight. Immature needs a hedonistic lifestyle to be able to cope and manage. No wisdom or insight is gained to manage life, so the immature person must find ways to ā€˜escapeā€™ real life. For the immature person, life seems enjoyable but itā€™s shallow and subject to collapse.

Mature means being emotionally intelligent. The mature person understands important basics about psychology, s/he practices and lives good psychology. The mature person is usually spiritual; s/he meditates, studies and learns the deeper wisdom of love. That results in being responsible to the self and others in every way possible. Mature means being dedicated to gaining insight throughout all of life. Mature means working on building a better value system, that in turn causes amazing development. Life is fulfilling and full of positive potentials.

3 Likes

No wayā€¦

I will say I am maturing :slight_smile:

1 Like

No. I am nearly 32 but I am a spoilt brat, and still have my childish ways. I was the youngest of four children and my parents spoilt me and I was very attached to them. They did everything for me, so I never really got pushed to grow up and be responsible. My husband complains every now and then that I am still immature and that I must grow up. Heā€™s right, but its damn hard to grow up!!!

1 Like

Iā€™ve been through a lot which has forced me to take a mature view on life, but at the same time I still think like I did as a young kid.

1 Like

Iā€™d say so, yes. I believe that those with mental disorders mature at a more brisk speed than those without, probably as result of the struggles that we face

3 Likes

im like a vintage wine ive matured well

not all the timeā€¦ (this being one of those times where Iā€™m not)

Quite a loaded question

I think I am mature enough. Now Iā€™m 27 but i forgive quickly, donā€™t play games. Iā€™m honest, succesful, responsible and caring. I donā€™t seek revenge. I think this is enough.