Would like to become a nurse

I would really like to become a nurse. Do you think they would let me or I would be able to? Any comments?

2 Likes

It takes a lot of work and dedication. :cat::cat::cat:

1 Like

I think you need an associate’s degree, so just 2 years of community college.

1 Like

I know it’s alot of work and dedication, yes a two year degree, but Everytime I think of what I want to be it’s a nurse. I want to help people, and I can’t say the pay would be bad either to put away in case this illness hits one of my kids. I just don’t know if they will accept me. Do either of you know?

Maybe even do psychiatric nursing…

It’s something that really excited me😊.

You won’t know, until you try. :rat::rat::rat:

1 Like

Well they can’t discriminate against you for having schizophrenia.

2 Likes

They don’t discriminate against mental health for school. You should be ok.

1 Like

I’m sza and my pdoc says registered nursing is too stressful for me. And it really is. But, there is one sza woman on this site in a nursing program now and amazingly she’s doing fine so far. She just started though. We’re all supporting her.

*Excites… Not too many things do.:scream:

Really that’s great! Maybe I can do it too​:ghost:!:blush:

1 Like

@Anna @ladawn32977 is interested in nursing could you help?

1 Like

Thanks guys. Besides my kids, and my mental health professionals, you’re all I’ve got.

Nursing programs and employers are moving and pushing more and more for RN’s to be baccalaureate prepared. So be ready for that.

1 Like

My sister in law is an LPN and she is bipolar. She has been working in nursing homes for 20 years or so. LPNs don’t make that much money though. She is always broke.

Try for an RN if you can get it.

2 Likes

Okay. I have done some research, and it says for the most part you can do your bachelor’s online so that gives me ease.

1 Like

That’s what I want to go for is an rn. I don’t think I could work in a nursing home. I used to do can work there, and the way they were set up left a bad taste in my mouth. They didn’t really have any quality of care.

2 Likes

We have a few nurses on here, and they manage just fine. I believe there is a question on the nursing boards that asks if you have a psychological disorder that could affect your judgment as a nurse. If you answer yes to that, you have to go through a bunch of hoops, but it’s really open to interpretation. If you’re stable, it’s not affecting your judgment.

2 Likes

Thanks @anon4362788

1 Like