Worried about disability review

I don’t hear voices much on meds or have any delusions anymore but I have severe negative symptoms I really don’t think I could work should i be worried about my review?

I pretty much told my lawyer that I don’t suffer from any positive symptoms at the time of my disability claim. If you have negative symptoms thats enough.

If you have severe negative symptoms tell them that. Negative symptoms alone are enough for a disability claim.

2 Likes

Did your claim get accepted?

It was accepted on the first attempt. I’ve yet to go through the renewal review process.

I’m trying to find a career that I can make work, but if I can’t then I’ll have to accept that I might only barely may be able to manage sparse odd job work.

1 Like

If you’re anything like me stress causes positive symptoms to flare up. Work is stressful it would cause positive symptoms. I think it’s ok to be ok and be on disability. I’m in the same boat you’re in. When my review comes up I’m just going to tell them about the effect stress has on me and how I have to avoid it daily to stay healthy.

1 Like

I don’t know how debilitating positive symptoms can be, but I assume they make it difficult to work around people, and to communicate. I know that when I’m experiencing them that I’m more anxious and I doubt that helps jobs are already stressful.

1 Like

I had difficulty concentrating and tried to work in the beginning…every time I would fail I would become suicidal so I quit trying.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.