World's first male contraceptive injection could be available in six months

3 Likes

YAYAAYAYAYAYAYA!!! I hope they get acne and mood swings. No, really I hope men don’t have to deal with those side effects.

1 Like

If it were somewhere other than the groin this would be more appealing. If there doesn’t turn out to be a failure rate obviously it will be appealing as it is. I wish they had it when I was younger.

“Relax Mr Smith you won’t feel a thing”

3 Likes

Hey guys if 6 months from now a woman appears at your door with a syringe in her hand and offers you a ride take it.

1 Like

And no doubt the only people that are going to be authorized to give it would be dentists.

2 Likes

13 years is too long really

1 Like

I remember reading about phase 1 trials of this. The polymer blocks the vas deferens, it breaks down after 13 years, reallowing sperm to travel from the testes. They’re also developing a safe alternate injection that breaks the polymer back down, reversing the effects at any time desired.

Haven’t heard updates in years

3 Likes

Polymer is basically plastic

2 Likes

Just get a vasectomy. Jeez.

Yup, it’s liquid going in, then hardens in the vas deferens. It’s essential a small plastic plug for the duct

2 Likes

If I were a dude I certainly wouldn’t want to be infertile for 13 years. Birth control pills are effective and so are condoms I guess.
@Ooorgle. Oops. I missed the part where you said there was a reversal

Just give them Invega sustenna Max dose a month and you wont be able to have sex at all, no sex - no kids best contraception

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind a vasectomy, but I’m not planning on having my own child. I’ll adopt later in life, when I’m more stable, when I can offer a child a good healthy life. I have to worry about myself for the time being.

@Ninjastar has been a good example of something I could see myself doing in the future. Foster or adopt. So many kids need help.

I know the chances are slim, but I’m not willing to risk passing on my SZA genes to a child. I wouldn’t wish this on an enemy, none the less a loved one

4 Likes

Jeesh… What’s wrong with condoms?

1 Like

They don’t feel great haha
I also don’t like using lubricants they’re not the same

I think if anything I’d stick to condoms too though it’s just safest
With natural lubricant
That’s if I ever have that kind of sex Again

1 Like

Nope. Not getting a needle anywhere near my bits.

I’ll just keep obstaining.

If I were to do it, does anyone know if its reversible? Or do you have to wait 13 years for it to expire? I didnt see that part in the article.

I wouldn’t feel safe injecting plastic into my body

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.