Will we ever be able to afford a place in London?

I make barely £10,000 a year when I will start work because I’ll be working part time. But partner starts a new job soon and he’ll be earning around £75000 Still, we can’t afford a property in London right now. We are waiting until his mortgage is up before he can move to London. . I want to be together now but things are going slow. It just feels like it will never happen.

5 Likes

I know the feeling. My husband and I are both on disability. We live in a crappy area. We’d like to move, but can’t afford to get into an area with less crime.

2 Likes

I think if that is what both of you really want it will happen. It might be a basic apartment, but that could be great as well.

Good luck!

1 Like

We don’t want a flat we want a house. Flat prices are sometimes as expensive as houses.

2 Likes

It’s tough @ZmaGal , and I have zero patience.

1 Like

Sometimes you need to make compromises. If you want a house maybe you need to look outside of the center. You most likely have a better understanding of the property market there.

1 Like

I wish I could as our jobs will be in London but can still look on the outskirts so it’s within easy reach to get to work !

2 Likes

There is a house up for rent recently. The recent prime minister is moving out, i think its 10 Downing Street, London.

1 Like

The previous tenant liked to throw parties in 10.

1 Like

I don’t think he trashed the place, having wild parties.

1 Like

If London was remotely affordable, I’d live there

It’s an exclusive club there for new buyers who didn’t have the luxury of getting homes purchased 50 years ago

3 Likes

I’ve discussed moving in with him previously but as he’s gonna move to London soon it makes no sense to move twice. I have my mi team here too. And will be working here also.

This question also arises in my mind. Can I able to migrate to America or Canada or Australia and settle there. As a civil engineer can i found a job in other countries. I had passport. And i will go to the country where visa available easily.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.