Will I stay in bed until I die?

I’m in bed about 12 hours a day and on my living room couch about 6 hours a day. It’s tough with meds and sz.

1 Like

Ill start with those and see. I checked my iHerb history and the amount of supplements I ordered is ridiculous since 2009, many thousands of dollars.

3 Likes

I don’t really mind being in bed all day. I prefer it sort of. I don’t feel like walking. I’m too fat.

3 Likes

Vitamin B1 (thiamine) definily try it has something to improve dopamine function. More motivation to keep on doing an activity. Also better memory recall.

Vitamin D is another thing which helps like B1 but D gives more energy too.

Best part of these is these are natural body needed things. Low B1 is common especially on medications and other health issues and low B1 is linked to many neurological issues even full blown catatonia so worth a try its not expensive too like other things.

If abilify got you out of bed, I would switch. Try taking 10 minute walks, and maybe increase to 20 minutes.

1 Like

@everhopeful

I think its the Glycine giving me energy. I had a burst of energy yesterday night but now its gone in the morning. Yesterday I really wanted to do things like reading, audiobooks, bicycle, talking with my family, etc It reduced my anhedonia and improved motivation a bit. When I was working on Latuda I was taking 20-30g Glycine powder daily. Stopped it due to nausea. Yesterday took 3 pills x2, today I am taking 4 pills x2. I didn’t take carnosine today as I am pretty sure its the Glycine.

Let see if I get the energy burst again. The burst of energy happened after my second dose at night so Glycine blood levels must have been higher. But the energy burst is still not as strong as Abilify for me.

Did you try Glycine?

3 Likes

" Possibly Effective for

• Schizophrenia. Taking glycine by mouth along with conventional medicines seems to reduce certain symptoms of schizophrenia, called negative symptoms, in some people who don’t respond to treatment with conventional medicines."

https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-1072/glycine

1 Like

You shouldn’t take them together as you’ve no idea which one is helping!

I tried it but glycine just gave me nausea.

1 Like

Yea thats why today I am just taking Glycine, will see if I still get that energy burst again.

You took Glycine powder or pills? The pills don’t give me nausea, the powder did.

1 Like

I took the pills.

1 Like

I take it with food eventhough it says to take on an empty stomach. Pretty sure it will cause nausea on an empty stomach.

1 Like

Did you try sarcosine? Its more potent than glycine but it gave me headaches.

No. There’s a (tenuous) link between sarcosine and prostate cancer so I’ve avoided it.

1 Like

Glycine interacts with Clozapine, I am on Risperdal.

1 Like

@everhopeful

I am starting to feel more normal again, its like if I am getting my emotions/feelings back and the energy is back. Not sure if its the Carnosine or Glycine. Hopefully it will last more this time. I will take the maximum amount written on the bottle 3x 500mg Carnosine.

3 Likes

It feels like an energy rush similar to when before sz.

2 Likes

This thread has gone on for dayz. :+1:

3 Likes

I bet with Vraylar it would work better. I feel like my body is getting short bursts of energy that don’t last long. Its like a car trying to start. On Abilify the energy bursts were constant. Also its just happening at night when antipsychotic blood level is lower. I need to find a way without stopping meds.

Studies showing improvements in negative symptoms are using 60g of Glycine and 2g of Carnosine. Bottle said to take 40-60g. 20g of Glycine gave me nausea so they used antinausea pills in the study. Now I am just taking 10g of Glycine.

1 Like

I keep telling you to try Either the glycine or L-carnosine but not both. You’ve no idea which one is doing what if you try them together.

1 Like