Will I stay in bed until I die?

Sorry for the wall of text, but I just want this guy to know his options. I think the worst thing is doing something while you’re bored(the SZ version of this sucks) and that feeling being associated with something he used to like doing

I have OCD and catatonia without my antipsychotic.

I have the exact same illness. I know what it takes for things to change. Being “bored” for the rest of your life is not a way to live.

1 Like

Is it the contamination style of OCD? By Catatonia, do you mean unable to talk?

1 Like

I was praying over 20 times in a day thinking the more the better and that God will hear me more. Everytime I prayed I had anxiety that God didn’t hear me yet so I prayed again for over 20 times in a day. I was crazy.

1 Like

Yes I freeze for several minutes without even moving my eyes, my parents hit me and yell at me to “wake” me up, its the worst feeling in my life as bad as death. My parents were scared and called 911.

1 Like

@Aziz I’m sorry if I’m being too hard on you. I know what you are feeling. I don’t want to see you suffer. You are too good of a guy to have to deal with what you go through. I want you to know that you can still do amazing things despite your illness. You can’t do the same things that used to do, but they can be different things that are even more impressive because you are achieving them despite the odds. You have to try though because ultimately you are going to be the only one getting yourself out of bed. No amount of meds will do that. I guarantee the more you accomplish the better you will feel about yourself.

3 Likes

I know you’re trying to help, thanks!

2 Likes

There is a subtype for SZ called deficit SZ. These people have severe negative symptoms, but these people are mainly born during the summer. I think some schizophrenics(me included) have boredom worse than some other schizos, and it’s just harder to treat. There’s alot of people on this forum that don’t complain too much about boredom, or can bear it for most of the time. I think you may be one of them. It’s not like Aziz wants to be bored. He’s honestly trying.

Dude, how long did the prayers last? Having OCD in my opinion is way better than having the Negative symptoms of schizophrenia. I would at least temporarily take something if I was about to get Catatonic. How long did it take you to get violent when you were off medicine? Are there any warning signs(that you know now) that would show up before this would happen? Sure this is. Just for good measure, I would practice self awareness as much as you can. I would rather run go through some pretty harsh things than have to deal with the boredom.

I have no control over myself or my mind when unmedicated. I can’t just take the pill when I need it. I didn’t just have OCD, also had positive symptoms, catatonia, anger/violence issues etc Honestly I prefer boredom over getting in trouble with others/law or killing myself. Maybe I would have killed my brother for real if I continued not taking my meds. 4 cops came to my house calming me, they told me to never quit meds again and to listen to my psychiatrist.

My positive symptoms are scary especially when unmedicated. I saw dead bodies in my bathtub, blood on walls, terrorists in cars infront of my house, etc I could barely sleep and when I slept I put music earphones when sleeping to be less scared. The first couple of months were normal but then it got really scary. I was living on adrenaline 24/7. I cant stop meds again.

1 Like

I have OCD now that I’m taking meds I didn’t before sz they come as intrusive thoughts

1 Like

Idk if what I had was exactly ocd but I repeated many things many many times like washing my hands, disinfecting everything in the house, praying 20+ times in a day etc

1 Like

That sounds like OCD

1 Like

Hmm. It’s really up to you. I once saw dead bodies and the bathtub and for some reason fell in there. I ended up passing out for some undisclosed amount of time. I woke up and I remember choking on some water from the shower(this wasn’t on previously), but my body made me get up. I never had to wear earphones. But despite me going through all of this, I was still happier than I was when I was feeling really bored. Way happier. I don’t suffer from paranoia much though. I just react to what happens to me. It’s interesting that APs help your OCD get better

1 Like

i’m taking sertraline 50mg per day

Small steps are better than no steps at all.

6 Likes

@everhopeful

Glycine and L-Carnosine crossed the border to Canada, they were in California US. I should receive them this or next week.

1 Like

You should order some Resveratrol too.

1 Like