Why this site needs to remove the like button

It plays on people’s addictive behaviors. Checking likes is like the new nicotine. We should remove the like button on this site to distance ourselves from places like facebook and twitter. Especially facebook nowadays. I would like to see the site flourish from insights rather then clicking our looking at likes

10 Likes

But then… how will i know if the meme i post is as funny as i thought it was… in a swift and space saving manner… hmm…

8 Likes

“Thats funny.”…

3 Likes

Say It takes more than 1 like to convince me it was funny tho… multiply thats funny by 20 sometimes… it would choke a convo to nothing if we did it that way…

1 Like

Thats what i was saying about addictive behavior. With the like button we, including me, have become unsatisfied with just putting ourselves out there. We crave the like button like heroin addicts.

I like the like. It tells me people I know and respect have picked up my message and I return the favor! Nothing is perfect but I find it handy!

13 Likes

Hey king, I’m sorry your having trouble just now and I know where you are coming from,

I personally like the likes system but I am not addicted to it, this place is better than Facebook, it’s safer and more fun now esp with the new addition of @discobot who is very funny,

Please stick around, you are a valuable member of our community, also think you might find it beneficial to talk to your Dr about this, it may be symptoms playing up, take care.

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

2 Likes

I think we should have a “I want to send this poster into outer space” button :wink:

3 Likes

Is that a punushment? Or a reward? Space aint cheap and earth has finite amouts…

1 Like

I care more about replies than likes but that’s just me…

4 Likes

Me too likes mean nothing to me whether I get 10 or 0…

Replies are way better.

Infact likes irritate me as it shows up and I think it’s a reply but nope just a boring like

4 Likes

anyone who doesn’t want to be notified of likes can turn off the notifications by going to preferences — notifications.

8 Likes

I like both “replies” and “likes”. It’s warm and fun!

6 Likes

Given you’re not coming back- a punishment.

ha! you got 4 Likes on your post.

2 Likes

but nobody likes me irl. And here everyone likes me and everyone thinks my posts are great

3 Likes

The like button rules! It’s fun.

5 Likes

I would not like to receive this :-1:
I like this one :+1:

5 Likes

I almost liked this :joy:

3 Likes