Apologies to everyone

I’ve been fishing for likes in the past. I would adjust my replies so that they would bring me a maximum of likes. I sold my soul to the devil just to get more badges…

But now I am through with it.

From now I shall be blunt. I shall be myself.

Do I get a like for being such a honest goody two shoes?

:blush:

7 Likes

I think we are all guilty of fishing for likes on occasion. You are not alone in your desire to be popular.

2 Likes

I think a lot of people dont notice this is toxic behaviour these days.

2 Likes

Not saying it’s always toxic. We all need a little attention, some more than others. But @Gagis 's post about Ostentation felt very relatable. In the past I would obsessively check the notification area for likes and get depressed if none came. Really self-damaging behavior.

3 Likes

In the early days before this message board i would hope for replies to my posts and felt bad if i never got any, its still the same, i think i value replies more than i value likes, likes are nice though.

2 Likes

True, in a way, but it’s a double edged sword, cause replies can either reinforce your statements, or undermine them. I’ve been known to take criticism badly.

2 Likes

yeah i meant good replies, most of them are good anyway

2 Likes

@Andrey

I made a thread about a week ago asking if posters liked it when their notification marker lit up.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.