Why am I unable to read what I’ve wrote?

I wrote my internship report and now I’m reading it again but I can’t understand what I’ve wrote. It is just too hard to concentrate on the meaning of the words. What should I do about it? Did this happen to anyone and how did you deal with that?

It happened to me during a psychotic episode. Suddenly I wasn’t able to make sense of written text. Do you have other symptoms?

I don’t think it’s psychosis :sweat_smile: I think it’s the meds that are making me dumb :sob:

Unless you have severe negative symptoms from meds I don’t see how meds would reduce your intelligence.

Besides its worse being unmedicated than medicated. In other words generally we’re dumber without meds.

Dopamine helps you concentrate. Thereby, I would assume, that with dopamine blocked it would be harder to concentrate.

Also psychosis itself can cause cognitive symptoms regardless of medication.

1 Like

I don’t think dopamine is entirely blocked I take olanzapine. I think olanzapine only regulates the excess dopamine. So why would it impact my reading. I don’t think it is the cause but at the same time I don’t know why I am this way. I can only think it’s the schizophrenia :eyes:

If you want to try I would try one of the partial dopamine blockers like Abilify, Rexulti or Vraylar. I had less cognitive symptoms on Abilify. All other antipsychotics block dopamine in all the brain.

1 Like

By partial blockers it means they raise dopamine where its low and lower dopamine where its high.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.