Who takes social anxiety medicine

What kind do you take

I take klonopin. I need to ask my pdoc to update the prescription.

1 Like

I take celexa and hydroxine for just regular anxiety.

1 Like

I take Buspar and Lexapro for anxiety; I tried Klonopin but got addicted and starting abusing it >_>
No more benzos for me.

1 Like

Ativan and Paxil

1 Like

I take Buspar for anxiety. :badger::badger::badger:

4 Likes

Lexapro and Klonapin

1 Like

Klonopin. It tones down my brain activity pretty effectively, and makes it easier-to-tolerable to be in social situations. My anxiety is so physical, it’s the only med that works on me physically. I don’t like that I’m dependent on it though.

I take Lexapro at a dose of 30mgs. The recommended maximum dose is 20mgs, but my Pdoc is sure this higher dose will cure me of my anxiety. I just feel numb and will probably put on even more weight. :frowning_face:

According to pdoc sertraline helps with social anxiety it’s an antidepressant

Article - ‘Propranolol May Improve Social Skills in Youth With Autism’

https://psychnews.psychiatryonline.org/doi/full/10.1176/appi.pn.2016.PP2b2

A previous double-blind, controlled trial of 14 adults and adolescents with autism led by Beversdorf and colleagues found that participants who took a single 40 mg dose of propranolol showed improvements on language tasks compared with those in the placebo group. In the current study, the researchers aimed to expand these findings by assessing effects of propranolol on social interaction.

1 Like

I think my social problems are a little different to anxiety. I have way too many problems going in my head to relax and talk about stuff sometimes. I used to be the type though when I was young, sometimes afraid to say something stupid but I think I grew out of it when I got older.

I take paroxetine and atenolol for anxiety

I take an antidepressant

I take diazepam and pregabalin for GAD

1 Like

I take hydroxyzine (Vistaril)

1 Like

Ah vistaril. Same here. How does it work for you? It really doesn’t quite cut it for me and my psychiatrist is not interested in prescribing me more meds since I recently changed medicine. Gotta hold on…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

welcome back @10lottie
@Sarah…what type of med is Lexapro…does it counteract the negative symptom of poverty of speech/thought…or in what way does it treat social anxiety

also I direct this question to all posters incl, @wayward and @listening47

I take it in combination with a high dose of Effexor and Remeron, so the ADs are adding on to it. It works for me as both a PRN and a regular medication.

1 Like

Mines PRN and regular too. I just wish my pdoc would try an AD or anti anxiety in addition/replacing vistaril.

His reason why he doesn’t want to is because I am prone to manic episodes, and I guess ads can push you past happiness into mania for some. Maybe my pdoc switch will pay off after all. I do like my current one, even though we disagree on my safety/passion ratio sometimes.

Thanks for the info, @ZombiePupper.