Who likes to fish? What kind of fishing do you do?

My primary fishing growing up was fly fishing with my dad. Man I loved that. I also did a bit of beach casting for sea water fish.

Anyone have fond memories of fishing?

2 Likes

I don’t think I ever caught anything but as any fishing person knows that is not the real point of fishing

1 Like

Mate, I looooove fishing.

I used to fish from the rocks into the sea.

Nowadays i fish from boats.

Its very fun

4 Likes

You get some pretty impressive fish where you are I expect. Would you ever go in a shark cage?

2 Likes

Yea, we get some amazing fish off our coast line.

Never done shark cage diving hey.

Would u do shark cage diving?

2 Likes

No way buddy! I have seen terrible videos where the cage failed and sharks got in :scream_cat:

2 Likes

Yea lol ive seen that on youtube.

The shark cage bent and the shark got stuck hahah.

Scary stuff

2 Likes

Do surfers get attacked much in South Africa?

2 Likes

Sometimes.

There hasnt been a shark attack for a few years now though.

Weve got shark spotters who have a little place that they watch the sharks from the mountains and alert the people on the beach if a shark is close.

It helps.

2 Likes

I absolutely love fishing. I like fishing for catfish the most.

I’ve never done ocean/sea fishing but I really want to someday.

2 Likes

Ive done many different kinds of fishing but fly fishing is what I love best. Great memories. Haven’t gone for years. Need to get back to it and do some fly fishing for rainbow trout in beautiful British Columbia Canada.

3 Likes

Sure, but it was a long time ago. Years ago my ex-brother-in-law would get all his friends to chip in and they would rent a boat to go deep sea fishing in. And he invited me two or thee times. The boat company supplied a guy to help us with baiting our hooks and taking us to the best spots, cleaning our fish, untangling lines, and whatever else we needed. One time we went fishing for rock cod and everybody caught their limit. Once we fished for salmon. It was fun. I was worried about getting seasick but it never happened.

2 Likes

Lots of places you can fish off the coast down here. I have not been in a couple of years though. It is pretty good if you want to catch mackerel.

2 Likes

I did some freshwater and saltwater fishing as a kid.
My father loved to fish.

2 Likes

I did it since I was four.I used to go to fishing competitions and won lot of medals.My grandfather was eager to turn me into it.When I remember that period now,it makes me sad because I didn’t like it at all,but I did it for him.Now my father does the boat fishing and I never go with him.I found it boring to wait for catch.But I eat sardines and tuna from cans.

3 Likes

The last time i did it i was 10. Just very simple fishing. I was a bit of a softie…i loved to sit by the water with my friend, but as soon as we had a fish, we panicked and were very sorry for the fish. :wink: We always called my dad to throw it back.

Oh! And as an adult i fished with a net in a river in asia and ate the fishes too.

4 Likes

Yeah sitting by the water is the best bit about it

2 Likes

i have only been fishing once a while ago but this year i have been wanting to go fishing alot i watch alot of catch and cook videos on youtube might be able to go fishing this summer

2 Likes

When I was a kid I spent a lot of time staying with my grandparents and fishing in the surf. It’s sad now because most of the fish are gone. Overfished by the professionals so recreationally it’s just pointless fishing there. Shame really. It was relaxing and good eating back in the day!

2 Likes

Here where i grew up we had a pond that i fished in all the time. It was a big part of my life growing up. We caught bass and bream. Mostly just threw them back but we did eat them on occasion.

2 Likes