Who here has had

Ingrown toenails? I have them on both big toes and it is so painful. Is there anything I can do home remedy wise. Or is it worth going to get them removed? I’m afraid I’ll waste my money and the end up growing back.

I just had two removed. Wear open toe shoes and get them removed.

I had to have it done twice and this time they did a permanent procedure. They shouldn’t grow back.

1 Like

Yes now that I’m getting older seem to get them from time to time. Applying vicks vapor rub can soften the nail and help make the pain go away. You can get ingrown toenails from improperly cutting your toenail. I’ve been getting pedicures and haven’t gotten them since. Letting the nail tech cut my toenails may be helping. Kinda gross but they should know how to cut toenails. I would personally avoid getting my toenails removed. My dad lost his toenails due to injury and they have never fully grown back in many years later. His dr. Confirmed that once you lose your toenails they may not grow back.

1 Like

I rip my nails off in the bath when they are soft. I hate having the slightest of long nails on hands or feet.

1 Like

I do the same. But mine have become ingrown. Like so bad. :foot:🏻

1 Like

I chose to have them removed before an infection started because I have diabetes and can get worse. Yes they are painful and the removal can pain but in no time all is well.

1 Like

I had ingrown toenails last year. I went to the doctor. I got removed only a part of my nail and now I’m ok.

1 Like

I think may have mine out too. They’re looking pretty inflamed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.