Who here has experienced trauma?

I have complex post traumatic stress disorder and schizophrenia. Lately I’ve been reading that abuse can trigger schizophrenia like symptoms. Can anyone relate?

2 Likes

I burned my oatmeal this morning.

7 Likes

I have trauma, but not ptsd. Also I had schizophrenia symptoms before the trauma occurs.

But when something triggers the trauma, my symptoms get a lot worse, so they’re deifinitely related.

2 Likes

My main trauma is physical things I don’t know if that counts. It affects my confidence unfortunately and hence makes me mentally isolated.

2 Likes

I got my ass kicked pretty good by the police. I don’t know if I had trauma, but I was kind of dazed for a couple of weeks.

2 Likes

How can you go on after something like that?

3 Likes

I’ll survive. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, my father was abusive alcoholic.
Now he is more peaceful and calm

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve experienced a lot of trauma, especially as a child. A therapist once tried to diagnose me with ptsd, but I don’t take therapists’ diagnoses seriously; as far as I’m concerned only psychiatrists and other physicians should be allowed to diagnose.

But yeah, physical, psychological and sexual abuse, along with seriously neglectful parents. Well, there was a lot of verbal abuse from my parents as well, but I don’t consider verbal abuse to be that big of a deal. If someone makes a big stink out of being very verbally abused by their parents it’s an indication they never experienced real abuse, or they are just weak little ■■■■■■■; sorry, but it’s the truth.

2 Likes

Verbal abuse can be very harmful, it really messes with a person’s self-image and confidence, and can cause serious personality flaws.

6 Likes

I personally think those people just need to toughen up.

1 Like

Well you’re entitled to your opinion.
Although I do feel it’s wrong.

3 Likes

I know that if I hear gun shots that will trigger my symptoms. Reminds me of Irac .

2 Likes

Yes, caused by sexual and emotional abuse. I personally found the emotional/verbal things more damaging than the sexual abuse. And much harder to break away from. It is what made and kept me psychotic. Not so much the bad words only, but the constant psychological game around it. I still am incapable of wrapping my mind around that.

2 Likes

My old psych told me that trauma can trigger MI if you’re already prone to it.

2 Likes

Trauma from mental illness, several experiences, isolation and smoking, society and the system I was put in, always feeling/being different, cosmic forces, family, not being able to adjust, not living up to expectations. I’ve really experienced a great deal of trauma. Sometimes I think I’m very weak, but I guess you have to be strong to make it through all that.

2 Likes

Not sure about sz. But addictions.

The cops shouldn’t be arresting us.

2 Likes

I have issues with my Dad and my ex father figure(stepdad). My Dad asked my sister and stepmom to rank the family members by the weirdest.(guess who was ranked the weirdest) He asked me if he could divorce me, he asked if the voices kill Daddy, and he asked me if I could be put on disability so I won’t be a liability. I’ve been choked twice, stepped on til I screamed, shoved to the floor, punched in the face, and pushed out of my chair. I’ve been shoved to the floor and my Dad repeatedly slammed me on the floor. Some of these were by my Dad and my ex father figure. I have been diagnosed with PTSD, due to recurring images, scared of people that resemble them or I hate them, and I’m startled easily.

1 Like

It’s nothing to joke about.
Trauma is serious stuff.

2 Likes

Psychosis was a hell of a trauma!!!

First one was for like 9 months then it turned to residual psychosis for the following 3 minths

Omg

3 Likes