Who here has experienced trauma?

You are so wrong

3 Likes

I know it’s serious but 5 other people thought it was funny including the beautiful @Cizz_Shizz.

1 Like

Yes. I have both complex post traumatic stress disorder and I’ve been diagnosed with schizophrenia. I totally relate

2 Likes

i found it traumatic to discover i had major mental illness, sz to be exact. i had to resolve it by myself. it was traumatic.

judy

5 Likes

Thank you Nick, you made my day :kissing_heart:

1 Like

I’ve experienced mental, emotional, verbal and physical abuse since 2014… I guess my relationship turned into one of those toxic, domestic abuse types. Stupidly I stayed, because I felt like I had no other option at the time because I’d just lost my job and had no money, and no family in this country I could turn to. To make matters worse he gave me an ultimatum and we had to move in with his parents, leaving our independence and freedom behind, and in what could have been the worst decision ever made, at their house he was even worse because they mollycoddled him and wouldn’t make him face up to his actions, like I wanted him to in order to get him to stop. So I found myself in a very hostile environment. I got sick a few years later, thankfully when we’d since moved back into a place of our own. He called the police on me one day during a bout of psychosis and I was dragged off to the mental hospital for a few weeks. I was outraged because even after everything he’d done to me, I never once called the police on him, I’d even lied to them twice when neighbours called them to the house because they suspected domestic abuse when they heard us fighting. I’m a stupid girl for staying. Things are better now, if only because I started kicking his ass back! He backed off then. But I have never properly spoken to anyone about what I went through, nor had any counselling or anything, which I think I could benefit from and might look into in the future.

2 Likes

I rolled my Honda Accord going 75 miles an hour.

And a bunch of other crazy, disturbing, hellish and cruel things - it’s why I’m here :neutral_face:

2 Likes

I experienced trauma in childhood from my physically and mentally abusive and incestuous father. I also experienced physical and sexual abuse from my husband as a young woman.

1 Like

I experienced a lot of neglect as a child, so naturally I’m kind of messed up.

But my psychosis was more traumatic though. That was the tipping point. I feel like I experienced something outside the normal range of human emotions and experiences, and not like in a cool and fun ‘high on shrooms’ kind of way. Definitely traumatic.

1 Like

I experienced some trauma before and during psychosis. It’s pretty common for us sz.

1 Like

I’ve had lots of trauma from my father leaving when I was 10 to ex boyfriends

1 Like

I only have schizophrenia,my trauma was healed years ago

1 Like

I’ve experienced a lot of trauma. Last time I saw my pdoc he told me he wasn’t sure if I was misdiagnosed with sz or not and maybe it’s all just PTSD. I’m not convinced, though. At least in my case. Because while I do sometimes have hallucinations and paranoia related to my traumas, more often than not they’re completely unrelated.

1 Like

PTSD from sexual abuse at age 4,then beat by kids at school, got sz diagnosed after a reaction to anesthesia from surgery, woke up to voices, hallucinations, lasted to current times. Doctor did surgery in office, he died during lawsuit from state for almost killing another kid. They gave me 4 bags of anesthesia to a 50lb kid because I didn’t go under. That right there is ptsd ■■■■ too, physically deformed me and mentally ■■■■■■ me up. I was 11.

I’m sure other abuse later in life would have triggered the sz, but that’s how they said it came about. Drugs, but not my choice. My mom was 25, did what was suggested by the doctor for treatment for surgery.

I wish I could get revenge on doctor, but alas, his time was up.

1 Like

I spent ten years being verbally abused after the physical abuse didn’t work on me and I can tell you I don’t need to “toughen up” because it was traumatizing beyond repair the evil that was spewed at me. It was worse than my voices

1 Like

Thank you everyone for sharing, sometimes its hard opening up about it. I don’t feel so alone :slight_smile:

Childhood was good, but there was family issues, one parent was really verbally hard on me including siblings. Also raised in a strict religion with pretty harsh words about the afterlife.

1 Like

Ya I’m having a little bit of issues now. You’re qualified to be diagnosed with ptsd if you’ve done a year in a detention center, or maybe it’s ninety days. I’m having some issues now. My court case resulted in me signing a plea. Long story short it was self defense but due to self defense in my state being defined as what a rational person would do and my being clearly schizophrenic my lawyer advised I take the plea. Plus she was a public defender and didn’t get interviews with witnesses done in time. I got probation basically but still can’t have contact with witnesses or the “victim”. I’m so paranoid right now that they’re stalking me to get revenge or that I’m gonna see them in public.

1 Like

Yes, a lot of trauma. I was assaulted and had my life threatened with a knife to my throat when I was 10 by family.
I was assaulted by someone using a drug on me when I was 17.
I was in an earthquake and also a hurricane. And then I went into the military and experienced war.
edit to add: I was bullied a lot in school. Pushed down and etc

So yes, I prefer not to leave my house. I venture out for groceries, fresh air and necessities.

1 Like

The events leading up to my hospitalization left me traumatized for a good while. I’m beginning to get over that now though.

Also some family stuff from my childhood and a severe childhood illness.

1 Like