Schizophrenia.com

Who had to accept the low energy as a side effect?

So I do my fight in the day, pals… I try to learn, to discover, to chill etc etc… But I realize that all my aps in the past, smashed me a bit… It’s something to have taken 11 aps just in 8 years… We don’t switch anymore, but I guess the fatigue and the low energy are a side effect… I feel this less in the day, but there’s something like this still here, yeap…
Tbh I am sometimes even tempted to stop my zyprexa, but I know that I am severely paranoid, anxious and maybe with some delusions, so I guess it’s the price to pay? Who else went through the hard sedation of the meds?
But I can be agitated and paranoid from the illness, but in this illness I am also kind of a dead zombie on the other hand. So I think that once I start to move even more, I will fell less the heaviness of the ap, isn’t it?
Hugs pals!!!

2 Likes

Somebody? I still find, that this Zyprexa, puts me some dark thoughts after it take. This kind of apocalyptic thinking too besides the low energy…
So I should accept this side effect? The other aps were even worse…
As I said, maybe, once my brain is more awaken, i’ll feel less this smashing effect. Its not nice, it steals some hours in the day :confused:

1 Like

I have low energy and no motivation.

1 Like

I have no energy. It’s hard to wake up and stay awake. And when evening comes, I get tired and yawn a lot

1 Like

I have really low energy, but I’m on a stimulant. I wouldn’t get much done without it. I would just sleep all day.

1 Like

I see… But after it take, it really puts me dark thoughts in my head for some 3 hours… It’s also more than a low energy, it smashes my brain… Maybe one day I’ll start to take it right before sleep… I still struggle to not feel anything bad on the zyprexa, but I start to find this impossible tbh… It’s really smashing and gives me low mood till the point of headaches.

2 Likes

Before, you said it calmed those thoughts. Now, you’re saying it increases them. That’s a problem, a dangerous and worrisome shift. How long has this been going on? This isn’t a game, Anna. You need to see your pdoc and answer their questions truthfully and fully. You need to tell them everything, especially the stuff you don’t think is relevant, because all of it is. It’s not about convincing people that you’re gravely ill, it’s about being as honest as you can so that you can get the correct diagnosis and treatment before you play around and irreparably destroy your brain.

I am tired of justifying myself to you circle… I don’t need more new meds. My ex pdoc knew better than you, that my zyprexa is for me. No matter if I am sz or not. Even she said it that the diagnosis doesn’t matter so much. Its helping already but even my pdoc said that not everything is meds. We treated my symptoms, I don’t care about my diagnosis so more… And for my thoughts yeap. This ap calms my thoughts per moments but it smashes a bit my brain too. Its changing. My illness was by “waves” so its still changing yeap… Do you really believe that a doc will help me recover just with meds after twenty years of isolation? Me not anymore… Even my friends now this for me… I am just interested here about the meds and the coping skills of the others. Zyprexa is my med for the moment, I am sure of this.

Live a healthy lifestyle and lose weight if you are overweight. Ovdr time, you will gradually need fewer meds and lower doses of the meds you do take. You will also have more energy.

2 Likes

I have low energy without side effect. Having to accept that and figure out how to deal with it is tough

1 Like

I was on haldol i had real low energy and eventually it began to go into depression and then hallucinations. She eventually took me off the med and put me on abilify. Its working pretty well

1 Like

Those meds do change your thoughts can you take half in the morning and half at night? Ask your pdoc. Not so smashing then… I have low energy, I just accept it, I’m retired on disability. I do activities when I want to. Right now I have a bad foot limiting me, what I can do. How is your health otherwise @Anna1? Did you have something good happen today?

2 Likes

Most APs seem to give me extra energy. I guess I’m the opposite of most people.

1 Like

:anguished: What?! Justifying yourself? I have never suggested you do that for me or anyone else. You just said that it put really dark thoughts in your head for three hours. You’ve been saying that it decimates your cognition for days. That’s not supposed to happen. I don’t know you, but you don’t know me either. I’m not the sort of person who’s willing to take the blame for things that aren’t my fault, and I don’t apologize for things I didn’t do, no matter how insignificant.

All I said was that you should talk to your pdoc and get another assessment and tell them everything. I don’t care what your diagnosis is, I really don’t. But diagnoses are important because they let your doctor have some basic guidelines on how to treat you, what to expect from you, what challenges you might face and how such challenges will impact your stability. That’s the only reason I mentioned your diagnosis.

Anna. At this point, I’m getting frustrated. From the beginning, I and many others have told you that meds aren’t always enough. They’re not even usually enough. They’re primitive, to say the least. Chemical lobotomies, in the severest cases. You keep on telling us that your 15 to 20 years of isolation mean that your meds will take years to heal you, but that’s just not how it works. We tell you this, but then you get pissed because you don’t want to hear anyone tell you that you actually have to work to recover. You have to challenge yourself, because doing the same thing over and over won’t help. It just won’t. We can’t do it for you, but you’ll never have to do it alone.

You told me about how everyone else gave up on trying to help you recover. I asked you if you wanted my help, no strings attached, and I said that I’d never give up on you. You told me that that was what you wanted, and because of that, I still will never give up on you. But I can’t help you if you don’t throw me a bone, because right now, you’re just chunking magic 8 balls at my face. I’m not psychic, Anna. If you need something from me, then you’ve got to ask for it, and if you want me to back off? Well, you’re going to have to tell me that too, but if it’s what you truly desire, then I will oblige.

I’m not here to harass you, Anna.

2 Likes

Sorry, @TheCircleOfFifths if I sounded mean… Yeap, maybe don’t seek for me any solutions… In fact I am well surrounded now… I was feeling only loneliness before, so I wasn’t realizing it. I have two friends, my mother and a very good friend, who knew the illness, who help me lots :slight_smile:
I am fragile still, but I see my progress. I wont take new meds, no. I trusted the docs for 10 years and they finally said to fight and wait.
I guess I turned into a psycho, but I am not even aware of this :confused: …But ill keep fighting. My mom is a bit hard tbh. She regrets now to have married my dad and it feels like I didn’t have to even born… She treats me as ill, with no future etc etc. She only cries often… Whatever. Ill try do it like this.
Don’t worry really. This time I am really decided to fight. Its not important, that sometimes I can only hide etc. Ill work on this too. Meds are changing me already, I see it. And I challenge myself now, yeap. But I said already everything to the docs, we tried many combos in the past and I ll stuck to this treatment, with the blessing of my ex pdoc.
Take care and don’t pay attention to me, if I sound mean sometimes :confused: … I still have good intentions deep in me :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Not really a side effect, but a constant symptom. I’m on a vitamin complex because of it. I’m not entirely sure what it has- my doctor prescribed them.
I’m so tired. I can’t do anything. I can do some stuff when I’m feeling alright but I get so exhausted.
I’m just like feeling that my life is in constant fatigue now. Welp.

My motivation and energy improved a bit after starting taking Bupropione. But it"s not like without APs.

1 Like