Who are we kidding?

I have bipolar and SCHIZOPHRENIA.
My current psychiatrist and therapist have it all wrong.
People with bipolar disorder function.
I am not functioning!

The schizoaffective diagnosis that my last psychiatrist and therapist gave me was correct.
Even the psych hospital got it right!

5 Likes

Doctors and other med providers treat symptoms with medications.

1 Like

Both schizophrenia and bipolar can function if they want. We can see such people who function like normal people. With few exceptions like hospitalized cases majority of mental disease individuals have the potential to lead a normal life and it all depends on the individuals attitude on how they see the disease. They have a choice either to give their best try to function or consider the mental disease as an excuse for every problem in their lives.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m sorry wave. I have found these people to be idiots and not really know what they are talking about. Psychiatry is a frowned upon medical field. The best and brightest people that want to study medicine study a different field. They won’t even consider this field.

4 Likes

Exactly if consider the PG entrance rank list psychiatry is the least preferred one and usually taken by ones who got last ranks. But few ones also there who choose because of interest in the field and if your doctor is one among it you are lucky.

1 Like

No I think my doctor is bright but I think that my symptoms are confusing her.
I guess sometimes there is a fine line.

1 Like

Well i thought I got a better Dr. myself. Then she started telling me that the right ap can get rid of negatives. NO WAY will that ever be true for me

4 Likes

My doctor never mentions negatives.

1 Like

Negative symptoms is what making it difficult to function. Positive symptoms can be managed by anti psychotic medications. Needless type or increase in dose of these medications can result in negative and cognitive symptoms as dopamine is needed in required amounts and only excess need to be reduced with APs.

2 Likes

I suffer from negative symptoms but my doctor says it’s depression.
Even on Risperdal I still have some paranoia.

Need to make sure that your AP is not contributing your negative symptoms. Ask doctor to try other APs. Certain APs not cause much negative symptoms but its dopamine blocking ability might be less in lower doses. One such is aripiprazole (abilify).

1 Like

I’ve been on Abilify and it made me worse.
Risperdal is what really works for me.
I’m sure that Risperdal is also contributing to my negatives.

1 Like

Then ask doctor to reduce risperdal dose a bit. AP dosing should be very accurate little less can cause positive while little more can cause negative.

1 Like

I did ask her if I could lower my dose to 3mg and she said no.
Oh well :smile:

yeah my idiot Dr. tried to tell me my lack of motivation was.probaly depression. I dont get depressed.

well if I really wanted to do that I’d try a pill cutter. If you get worse go back to orginal dose.

1 Like

No I do get depressed @anon12381882 but lots of times I’m not feeling so down but I still lack the motivation and I don’t experience pleasure.

1 Like

yes, I know me too.

1 Like

I guess it could be the meds too

2 Likes

Oh, one doc thought the schizoaffective disorder for me too… But i have paranoia and negatives too… Some say mania is not always fun. You could be aggressive in mania, or irritable if i am not wrong… i dont function a lot either…
I remained ill for very long, it sucks… One doc told me right away that its not depression what i have. I am still freaked out by the more serious diagnosis…
Well, abilify didnt succeed to me either. It made me more agitated and anxious… I keep my zyprexa too and i push myself for the negatives… But i was so low, that i still dont feel how to arrange well my meds…
sorry if i enter in this thread now… I am strange tonight. Hugs wave :slight_smile:

1 Like