Where do you get all your latest Schizophrenia news?

I get mine mostly from google alerts but a lot of the sites I pick up aren’t trust worthy. Where do you get yours?

1 Like

Honestly? I get mine from @firemonkey.

12 Likes

I’m with @Rhubot I get mine from @firemonkey too! :blush:

5 Likes

@firemonkey’s site looks pretty good.

1 Like

@firemonkey all the way! Thanks, man!

3 Likes

I use google alerts but you have to be discerning. I also use my other rss feeds.

3 Likes

Yes, I read @firemonkey too.

But I also have an Rss feed from minerva and intracellular therapies (min-001 and iti-007) amongst others.

1 Like

I also use twitter but with that you have to wade through a lot of different people posting the same news. There are also some antipsychiatry/cranky/oddball types posting. An example someone who regularly promotes a mental illness and numerology book.

English news I get from this forum here. Portuguese news I get from the website http://entendendoaesquizofrenia.com.br/.

Schizophrenia news from Science Daily.
Here’s a link to science daily:

Also, neuroscience news comes up in my facebook feed with quite a bit on schizophrenia
http://neurosciencenews.com/

Also, @firemonkey usually gets the story right when it posts, so I check here a lot, too!!!

I search from google…!!!

I check out the Mayo Clinic (the mustard clinic is not bad either–kidding) on a daily basis.

2 Likes

I just search “schizophrenia” on google news tab.

I use apple news app and have “schizophrenia” set as one of my favorites

1 Like

Ham on five hold the mayo

1 Like

I prefer to come on here and read @firemonkey 's news threads.

Honestly I just look up scizo cure everyday on googled. Then I freak out alittle when there is nothing real there

This website. Usually firemonkey does it.

It seems like no one is really interested in schizo, its all politicians and professors using the word as an adjective to make themselves sound smart and researchers finding out for the 52nd time that cannabis causes schizophrenia. There are literally no advances being made at the current moment, Iti-007 was going to be a ground breaker, now it failed its trials and there is no longer anything for us to look forward to. I challenge you to prove me wrong.

1 Like

It’s like overkill. What also is a high risk factor is living in a high-crime, impoverished neighborhood, but I have yet to see millions of studies dedicated to stating this fact and trying to resolve the issue of poverty and crime. That the cannabis issue keeps being pressed is like, ok, man, i get it, but really did you read about the studies indicating that urban life is a super high risk factor for developing sz? Possibly more so than early cannabis use. Here’s a quote from an article on the correlation between urban life and rural life as a predictor of sz:

In the past 10 years, major birth cohort studies in developed countries have revealed that the incidence of schizophrenia is about 2 times higher among people in cities, reported Dr. Ezra Susser, head of epidemiology at Columbia University’s Mailman School of Public Health.

“It’s not clear if it is birth in cities, or upbringing in cities, but there is something about city living that increases risk,” he said. Where you are born and brought up is a larger contributing factor to risk than genetic predisposition. Indeed, 34.6% of schizophrenia cases would be prevented if people were not born and brought up in cities, compared to 5.4% of cases that would be prevented if people did not have parents or siblings who suffered from the illness, Susser told participants at the New York conference (2004).

Moreover, there is a clear dose-response relationship for “urbanicity” - in that the larger the town of birth, the greater the risk of schizophrenia. This dose-reponse relationship suggests that causal factors are of an ongoing or repeated nature are operating in urbanized environment.

from right here:

It’s easier to criminalize pot as a high risk factor than it is to criminalize urban poverty as a high risk factor… just a thought. :confused: Would be interested in knowing who is more high risk: those who smoked cannabis early on in a rural city or those in the inner cities who don’t smoke pot. Which one is a higher risk factor for developing sz later in life?

But back to sz news:

Our mothership lol

2 Likes