When someone does something foolish

On tv, does it make you feel ashamed or embarrased?

1 Like

Yeah, it makes me cringe

1 Like

One of my major childhood traumas was failing in a recital. Public failure is awful - especially to a proud one like I was.

2 Likes

I once had a piano recital and I couldn’t get any further than a few bars. I just got up walked out. I was humiliated. It was devastating.

We survived. My mother switched piano teachers after that. Actually that just made me think it was unforgivable. I would have rather stayed with the same teacher and pick up the “pieces”.

1 Like

Aha, another chance in the same day for me to rail against a pet peeve of mine - television! :smiley: No, I don’t feel ashamed or embarrassed. Those are people acting. And when the movie is over, I don’t think about it, 99 times out of 100, ever again. I own movies that I’ve watched and folks can ask me what they’re about, and I tell them I can’t remember. Not that I have a bad memory, I just don’t care. If I get “into” a movie, that is to say, mildly interested, I may roll my eyes. That’s about all the reaction they elicit from me.

1 Like

I just think, “better them then me” and laugh.

But honestly, I know what you mean and I get embarrassed occasionally.
But any bad singer on American Idol on YouTube clips is fair game for me to laugh at.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.