When should one take abilify (aripiprazole) 10mg?

Morning or bedtime ?

Some pdoc say morning because its activating and some say at night. One pdoc told me u will have sleep problems if u take at night. And some say it depends on the patient.

I took 10mg yesterday at bedtime. I did not find it activating.

Any thoughts ?

1 Like

I take 25mg in the morning. I haven’t tried it at night

2 Likes

I take 10mg at night as I found it too sedating if taken in the morning.

1 Like

I take 5mg currently at night, which seems to be optimal for me.

1 Like

I used to take it at night as my doc told me to do so. :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve always taken abilify in morning. I take 10 but I used to take 20 mg in morning too.

1 Like

I take 30mg in the morning

1 Like

I take 20 in the morning

1 Like

Well, yesterday was my first dose of abilify 10mg at bedtime. Few years ago, when i used to take 15mg at bedtime, i used to sleep and become tired till 4pm the next day. 10mg is the max dose i can take. So I guess bedtime would be a better option for me for now. I can try in morning after 1-2 weeks if any issues occurs with bedtime dose.

Right now im feeling dizziness and hypotension on abilify 10mg. I hope they go away.

1 Like

I take it in the morning it helps me know when something is real and when something is not.

1 Like

I didn’t know you could feel hypotension… What does it feel like? Are you going to tell your pdoc? It sounds dangerous… I hope it goes away too.

1 Like

Its postural hypotnesion. I had this when i was on high dose of clozapine.

1 Like

I take Abilify in the morning.

I tried it both at night and in the morning. Morning was best for me.

Just got a text from pdoc, he said morning/afternoon is best and I might experience decreased sleep.

But I’ve not experienced any sleep problems while taking it at night

1 Like

Well it gave me akathisia which can definitely keep you up…so probably better to take it during the morning. But for some people I’ve heard it makes them sleepy so for them it would be better to take it at night. It’s best to see how it effects you first and then decide.

1 Like

When I was on it I took it in the morning and I would be wired from it.

Well my pdoc was right it causes decreased sleep. Today i woke up very early 7am and couldnt go back to sleep. I’m gonna shift it to morning now.

1 Like

But its 12pm and im still yawning, it that cuz of taking abilify at bedtime ? So confused about when to take abilify. What if i take in morning and start yawning and feel sleepy ?

I take 10 mg of abilify at night time. It helps me sleep. I’ve taken it in the afternoon a few times. It makes me sleepy.