When is the last time you took a vacation?

I took a vacation for Christmas……how about you? What about without Christmas….both?

3 Likes

I’m on disability so every day is a vacation…

6 Likes

I’ve never had a vacation.

3 Likes

I had a couple of days off at Xmas, but the holiday got mucked up by my mother-in-law getting ill. I did take two weeks off this summer. One trip got canceled because of forest fires in the area of B.C. i was going to. The other in August got mucked up by my mother-in-law having a health crisis and we had to cancel that too.

Taking time off is very stressful.

4 Likes

I guess in Christmas. Was a little get away.

4 Likes

let’s see, that would be when I went to my brother’s house near Tulsa Oklahoma with my mom…all I did was miss my wife so it wasn’t very fun. sad really. we are bonded because we spend all every day and night with each other. and our dogs…they totally freak out when we leave because we are usually always there.

4 Likes

Went on a one night vacation a few towns over just a couple weekends ago. Before that we spent 4days in upstate New York with friends.

We go on mini vacations pretty frequently. Once every few months. It’s been since 2021 that I’ve been on a vacation where I had to take a plane though. We went to visit my brother in PR.

3 Likes

I went to Berlin and Paris in 2014. Stayed overnight in the Stockholm airport.

4 Likes

I’m currently on vacation in Spain.

In Belgium when you’re on disability you get ‘holiday money’, so that everyone is able to go on holiday every year.

3 Likes

I go to Louisiana once a year to see family. Other than that it’s just the family i have in the city I live in that I see. I don’t vacation much.

3 Likes

I was going to try to write a book over a decade ago and took a paid week off work to try to get my notes together. It didn’t work out the way I wanted so I gave up on the idea. When I was on EI for a period after my slip and fall, that kind of felt like a vacation. I’ve been known in the past to get my vacation paid out while I was working or use them up as personal days.

2 Likes

I am having a vacation on my own right now in Spain for two weeks. I use it to write and enjoy the weather. I am not so much the kind of person that goes seeing things all the time by myself, but I did some sight seeing today. The weather is really nice now, especially compared to where I am from: 22 degrees and sunny compared to snow and ice. I have mixed feelings about going out to eat on my own, the food is good but it’s nicer to go out with company. If I stay in and write that’s good for me too but I feel some sort of pressure to go out and about since its my vacation. Interesting experiment for sure.

2 Likes

Haven’t taken a vacation in a long time. Last time i got on a plane was before i fell ill.

2 Likes

May last year. We went to centre parks.

Going away again in June back to centre parks. Then again later in the year to wales

2 Likes

I don’t remember the last time I had a real vacation…

Went to Seattle, Washington for the night in the summer with just the husband.

I guess that would count

3 Likes

Last fall my husband and I did. Not far away or anything, and only for a few days, but it was enough. I don’t travel much.

2 Likes

July- Michigan

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.