When I was teaching

A student wrote a paper to me about cutting off two dogs’ heads and wearing them as hats, driving across state lines and murdering my family. I lived across state lines and had two dogs. The principals took his side because they felt sorry for him. The same student later tried to take upskirt photos of me and tried to meet me alone by my car after hours when everyone else had left. I had a male colleague walk me to my car when I noticed him.

The school I worked at had a large Korean workforce and student population, and we had to take off our shoes before we entered the cafeteria. The student used to sneak over to my shoes and pour water in them. I didn’t know who was doing it at first, but one day another teacher and I caught him at my shoes. The principals still took his side. They hated me. They had learned that I was a teenage parent and it was a Christian school. Even though I had turned my life around, married, repented, and was Christian, they hated me and did everything they could to torment me.

Now when I think about teaching, all I can think about is teenage boys who want to hurt me and stalk me and principals who will hate me because I was a teenage parent. I can never teach again.

What a Christian attitude. Haven’t they heard Christ’s admonition, “Let he who is without sin cast the first stone”? God save us from their kind of Christianity.

Thank you, @crimby. I have felt that level of cruelty once before from people who didn’t really know what it meant to be a Christian, but that is a story for another time.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.