What's your favorite book?

I’m looking for a good book to read, so does anyone have a good suggestion?

My favorite author is Philip Dick. One of his really good books (to me) is “Clans of the Alpha Moon”. It’s about a moon full of psychiatric patients who win their independence. They form clans based on their diagnosis and fight to stay independent.

4 Likes

My anatomy and physiology book lol
The one I used in university.

1 Like

what they do on Barnes and Noble that I used to do

if you type in that book you mentioned, they tell you down below,
if you scroll down, what other people bought after buying that book.

I go for award winners, but doesn’t mean that’s right for you, if he’s your favorite.
and I never read the reviews until After I’ve read the book,
don’t want anything to give it away.

Happy reading!

1 Like

I liked the Silk series by Linda Chaikin

1 Like

also, if you don’t want to buy the book, try to find the one you want in the library.
Mine here in small town does book mobile, so it can be sent from libraries all over Iowa.

1 Like

Not my favorite, but I’m reading “The Body Keeps the Score” right now. It’s about trauma and is non-fiction.

1 Like

My favorite is “Clan of the cavebear” and the others in the series.
I also like “The complete hitchhiker’s guide to the galaxy”, but it’s a bit harder to read despite the language being less complex

2 Likes

The Talisman by Stephen King…love it…also love A Confederacy of Dunces…

1 Like

I recently read a book wrote by a man who lost his wife in the Bataclan in Paris… That was a great book, with a lot of emotion…
Can’t remember the title…
(that’s one of my favorite.)

1 Like

Lullaby or Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk.

Not the best books in the world,

But very enjoyable.

I’ve read each a couple times and liked them even more.

Highly recommend.

1 Like

Also Three Bags Full by Leonie Swann.

I went to a concert at the Bataclan club just 2 months before the shooting. When I heard the news I was shocked.

J’étais allé au Bataclan quelque temps (2 mois ?) avant l’attentat. Ce qui s’est passé là-bas m’a choqué.

1 Like

Red book by Mao

Thank you for having answered me. I think the Bataclan was a trauma for the french like 9/11 for the United States, or even the London Underground attacks.
(without wanting to compare the number of victims.)

1 Like

The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger of course, though Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes is a close second.

2 Likes

I recently read “Man’s search for meaning” by Viktor E Frankl, a nazi concentration (labor) camp survivor and eminent psychiatrist. He experienced physical abuse and psychological torture. The mental image of his wife kept his hopes alive. After being released he learned that she had died… However he managed to overcome everything and even invented Logotherapy, often called the 3rd school of psychanalysis/psychotherapy by his contemporaries.

Confederacy of Dunces is one of my favorites too. You have good taste!

I might read it. It reminds me of the time I read Communist Manifesto in college just to see what the fuss was about.

1 Like

translation please.

Hi Daze.
Yes I wrote a sentence in French. The rough translation is just above it. I was replying to Follement who is French :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

never mind, I guess it’s above.

Got it. thanks.

1 Like